Chapter 19

It was about a year after a beating from Lucifer. Nevermore was once again hospitalized from saving Alari from some rogue demons. But this was a lot more worse than before. As he stayed in the hospital, Alari and Zane had talked to each other.

Zane was curious, "So a few months back you told him he was going to be a bass player? " She nodded, "Yeah. I was going to see if you wanted to be guitar, Zak to be the drums, while I be the singer. " Alari shrugged at the thought. It seemed childish to her now. "Doesn't seem to bad. But I need to ask you a favor... " his voice grew quiet and grim as thunder crashed. Alari nodded to tell him to go on. Zane obliged, "Look, as you humans say, 'third times a charm. ' well I have a bad feeling that it's what going to happen to him. Second hospitalization, and if he gets a third one... I feel that Lucifer will just kill him off. We've caught wind on him saying he was going to use the demon sword on Nevermore... "

Alari placed a hand over her mouth and gasped, "No... " Zane nodded sadly. His eyes seeming to turn to a deeper blue. "Just make sure he does okay. "

Five weeks had passed by and Nevermore was back to his own self.

Nevermore was cooking Alari's breakfast and the dog's breakfast as well. He soon began to ponder on the idea Alari had about a year ago. "Become the bass player of a band... " he chuckled and shook his head, his pitch black hair swaying ever so slightly. His bright yellow cat like eyes shined from the sunlight.

Alari woke from the smell of food and she stretched out on the bed, her dark brown hair having gold like threads through it. Her hazel eyes bright and sleepy, "Better get down there... " she rubbed her eyes and got off the bed. Alari opened her closet, grabbed some torn jeans, a white shirt, with a light blue flannel over shirt. As she headed down stairs, she was brushing her hair at the same time. "Morning love. " she smiled.

Nevermore smiled back, "Morning miss Alari. " He set her food on a plate then put it on the table. Alari set down her brush and walked to her seat, eating the food. When she finished, she thanked him, went upstairs to brush her teeth, pull her hair back in a ponytail, then came back down. "Hey, I have to get to work so I'll see you when I get home. " she waved goodbye then left. Nevermore cleared the small mess and sat down. He sighed, "Isn't this just great. " As he turned on the TV, he turned it right back off when Zane thumped the window behind him, scaring the hell out of Nevermore. "Ah! Fuck sakes Zane. Don't do that! " he growled and got up to let in his twin.

When he opened the dark oak door, Zane went inside and turned to Nevermore, "I think the band idea isn't so bad. I mean, it is the 21st century. " His body posture basically screamed, "I'm ready to do this! " Nevermore sighed heavily from his brother's childish ways of thinking about it. "Zane, we have no knowledge of any instruments of this time. All you know is the wooden flute. I don't know a damn thing. "

"All the more reason to join! You act like you can't use your abilities to your avail." Zane pointed out as if it were obvious. Nevermore shrugged, they have been demons since 1326 but he hasn't used much to his advantage.

(I don't know a whole lot about what demons of Black Butler can do. Haha so I'm just gonna wing it)

Nevermore let out a soft sigh, "Okay. Fine. I'll join this... Band. " The other male jumped up in happiness then hugged him tightly, "Finally! I can't wait! " Zane smiled like a five year old at Disney World before running off. Nevermore shook his head before closing the door. "Once again, I am greeted by peace. "

Although the mansion was filled with nothing but his soft footsteps, he did sense another presence...

One that has been wanting him dead...

To Be Continued....