Chapter 18

Nevermore was laying down on the hospital bed, wires hooked up to him, and the beeping of a heart monitor. The doctor was a bit worried when the monitor showed the heart rate was rapid. "Heart condition." he lied to the doctor and surprisingly, it flew by.

Alari was sleeping in a chair nearby, he sighed and closed his eyes. Never had he imagined he would be hospitalized... This is like agony to him. The waiting... Oh the damned waiting! He growled softly and opened his eyes to look at the wires hooked up to him.

"There's no way you're staying in this place for two weeks. " a familiar voice sounded with a light chuckle, "Yeah, I haven't been with you a lot but through the time I have been, you are just as stubborn as ever. " Nevermore looked over to see his brother, Zane there. "Zane... "

"Look, if you want to get out, you have to hurry. I managed to pull off an illusion of some sorts but you gotta hurry. " he pointed to Nevermores clothes. "They're torn but not too much. " He nodded to Zane before removing the wires and IV, then getting out of the bed. He quickly put on his clothes and ran out, leaving a note for Alari.

Zane just shook his head and picked up Alari, carrying her down the hall and out the doors. Nevermore will be healing soon. He is a demon... Alari woke in Zane's arms and was confused, "What? Wasn't I just... " she looked around as the two demons ran past everything and quickly arrived at the Blood Estate. "He'll heal on his own. Now, I must get back to Zak. I told him I wouldn't be long. Stay out of trouble would you Nevermore? " Zane teased and set down the girl.

Alari and Nevermore said their goodbyes before Zane ran off. He sighed and went inside, "I've gotten quite a beating. " he laughed but groaned as the rib hadn't healed yet. She quickly grabbed Ahold of his arm gently, "You need to rest. Come on. " The two went to his room and he layed down. Although he has been laying down for most the day, at least it was more comfortable.

Hell

Lucifer was drinking his blood wine when Aijo sighed heavily, she had failed three months ago to keep the two separated. "Sir, you should force the two back here. After all, I don't think she trusts him very much. " Aijo muttered. Lucifer gave a growl, "Shut up. " But the idea didn't sound too bad... He'll wait until Nevermore was completely healed to do so...

Earth

Nevermore checked his wounds to see if they had healed. In which, they did. "One of the many advantages of being a demon. You heal automatically and quickly. " he smirked and checked his rib, healed. Good.

"Nevermore! I just had an awesome Idea! " Alari ran to his room giggling as he fixed the Butler attire. "Yes, milady? " he turned his gaze to her. She was holding her phone and showed him a picture of some sort of logo...

"My apologies, but what does this have to do with anything? " Nevermore tilted his head slightly, his hair shifting just a bit. "Put you, and your brother in a band! " she squealed excitedly. His piercing yellow eyes widened, "What!? Alari, what do you mean by that? Please, explain! " Never had he heard Alari suggest such a thing. It wasn't a bad thing but he never played any instruments in his life. "I might have lived over seven centuries, but I don't know a damn thing about instruments! " Alari chuckled at his reaction to the ordeal. "I'll be assigning you the bass, also known as the electric guitar. Used in Rock songs and whatnot. " She shrugged as if it were easy for Nevermore. He just curled up his lip slightly in agitation and gave a heavy sigh, then bowed slightly with his left hand over his heart. "Yes, Alari. " Nevermore straightened up and rolled his eyes.

"What's the band's name? " Nevermore asked. Alari laughed nervously, "Not sure if it sounds good... "
"What is it? I'm not a patient man at the moment, Alari. " he muttered.  She sighed, "Demons in Black  is the name. " He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed yet again, "You couldn't think of a better name? " she shook her head and looked down. "I'm sorry Nevermore. " He shrugged then told her it was okay. This was going to be tough... Nevermore was now forced into a band by his master.  What could go wrong?