#MemoriesWithDad: May 5th 2015

May 5th 2015, six days earlier.

Day 2 Hospitalized

I went to school in the morning and when school finished, I came back to the hospital to take care of Dad while my sister had classes in college and brother still out of town. Nothing much change on my dad's health. He was laying on the bed, couldn't do anything much, it was just sad to see. I bought him some his favorite cookies which my friend sold. He asked me to fed him and I did, but very tiny bites. After I fed him, I decided to have lunch that I bought from school's canteen.

To be honest, I didn't really want to go to the hospital every day. Not because I didn't want to take care of my dad but I was very disappointed of him. He was the strongest man I've ever known in my entire life. I knew he actually could fight for his life. He could do much better than laying down on bed like that. Like it wasn't my dad. He could survive longer. But I realized his eyes looked so different.

After we were all taking enough rest because Dad was taking rest too, we gathered in the room to have dinner together. I still tried to have conversation with him. But he was very quiet. Once again, I gave up. Then at night, I went back home and took rest for school in the morning.

-Putri Anindya Shavitri-