Hate That I Love You

Chapter 3:

And I can’t stand you,” I sang, holding on to the microphone in the recording studio. This song was one of my older singles, and a new remix was being recorded, because my boyfriend, Aiden Thorne, was going to be featured in it. Yes, Aiden Thorne of the hit TV show, My Boyfriend’s Ghost.

Did I fail to mention I was the lead in that too? Yeah, that’s right. I’m Hollywood’s very own 17-year-old hotshot, Erika Silversand. The story is simple—my dad made me record a song, You Belong With Me, to be exact. The song was released, it went viral, and soon I’m getting contracts signed all over.

“Must everything you do make me wanna smile, can I not like you for a while,”

“But you wont let me. You almost let me go, and then you kissed my lips, all of a sudden I forget, that I was upset. Can’t remember what you did,” Aiden sang, his brown eyes meeting mine. They were slightly magnified by his glasses, which were framed in black. He wore contacts normally, but I thought his glasses were cute. They reminded me of my old nerdy days. But on him they just looked adorable.

“But I hate it,” We harmonized.

“You know exactly what to do, so that I can’t stay mad at you for too long that’s wrong,” I continued, smiling.

“You know exactly how to touch, so that I lose all resolve to fight no more. So I despise how I adore you,” He grinned.

“And I hate how much I love you boy, I can’t stand how much I need you,” It was ironic, since this song wasn’t even written about my boyfriend. It was about someone from my past that I’d very, very much like to forget. He had wormed his way underneath my skin, and try as I might, I couldn’t get him out.

“And I hate how much I love you girl, but I just cant let you go,”

“And I hate that I love you so.” We finished.

The outro played, then the music cut off. My dad, A.K.A. my producer’s voice rang through the room. “Good take, kids. Head to set now, you’rescheduled to start filming in fifteen.”

I took off the headphones and hooked them back onto the stand. “Well that was fun,”

“Aw, come on, Eri. It’s a really good song. Plus, I was in it!” He grinned, showing off his pearly white teeth.

“Oh, god, Aiden. Stop being so bubbly, it’s killing off both our brain cells.” I groaned, massaging my temples. “I’m really tired, and my head is pounding so bad I feel like it’s going to explode. Shouldn’t have gone to that party last night.”

“It was fun! Loosen up, Erika. Hangovers fade over time. I feel like collapsing too, but we have responsibilities.”