Chapter 22: Don't Be Scared

"Let's get this straight, your powers are gone?" Cole questioned as both Sensei's left the room to understand the situation more clearly through meditation, I nodded, "But I can explain." I pleaded infront of my brother. "Explain what? That you messed up and lost your powers? That's pretty self-explanatory!" he yelled, I took a step back as I felt sized-up. "That's not what happened Cole." Kai replied.

"You don't just loose powers!" my brother argued, "Can we talk about this somewhere else?!" I screamed at him, "What are you afraid of?!" I crossed my arms and tried not to say it out loud but it kind of just spilt, "You! I'm freaking afraid of you!"

"Why? You shouldn't---", I interrupted him before he could say more, "It's not easy being the sister to an earth master, it's a lot to hold up to but you make it so damn hard!" Cole stepped forward but I pushed him back, "I lost my powers because Ridley was prepared, and if you actually listened you would know!"

"Please don't be scared of me. I don't want you scared of me." I shook my head and breathed in deep, "Then don't let me be scared, because you aren't the easiest person to talk to, I told them I didn't want this conversation! And where am I? Infront of an elemental ninja and I'm having to confess I failed! And how do you think I feel?! Lloyd had to save me again from being crushed by a rock! Something I used to control!"

"You didn't fail, May! I'm sorry for making you feel that way." I turned around and hung my bow on a nail in the training room, I sighed before hanging up my arrows as well. Since they were the Bow and Arrows of Air and Earth I'm unable to use them now since I don't have that power, it's quite a shame actually. "If you don't want me scared of you then try not being so aggressive towards me! I'm your sister!"

"I don't mean to! Let me help!"

"You can't help someone's who's already broken, I'm going to train, I'll be back later." I grumbled before walking outside, I didn't plan for that to happen, I didn't want to say that, I kind of just did. I needed to cool off, for how long? I wasn't sure. I just needed to get out for awhile.

Cole's POV

I can't believe that just happened, I didn't mean for it to happen. I didn't want that to happen, it kind of just did. I hate seeing my sister like this, broken and hopeless, when I yelled at her for being so ignorant I didn't even ask her how she was doing. Losing your powers is difficult, even for someone with superstrength, which is gone too since it came with the power of earth. I feel like a total jackass right now, which I am 100% I was.

"She confessed her darkest secret and you let her leave?!" Kai shouted, "She needs her brother right now!" Jay added. "Guys look, I'm sorry for failing her right now but she doesn't need me, at least not right now. She needs someone who will help her, I'll just mess it up."

"She needs her strong brother, you know what it feels like Cole, she needs your help because she's weak and fragile." Lloyd stated. "I know, I just don't want to break her even more."

"If it happens, we are all here for you brother, you can count on us." Zane joined.