Chapter Three - Shopping for babies

Luke’s POV

Last night we went and picked up Rosie and Mel from the airport and bought them back to our house. Not long after, skip came and picked Rosie up and took her to his house. They hadn’t seen each other in ages, so they were so excited, it was adorable. Mel and Beau sorted things out and were friends again, which was awesome.

It turns out that dad got back with his wife. He keeps messaging Lexi, trying to get me to meet my step brother and my half sister. My sister is 9 and my step bro is 17, I feel bad for not wanting to meet them but its just because I don’t want anything to do with my dad because of what he did to my mum. I told Lexi not to talk to him anymore because he is dangerous. I don’t want her to have anything to do with him because I don’t want her to get hurt.

Yesterday we unpacked all of Lexi’s stuff and set up our room together. I always told mum if I had my own room (without Jai) then it would be so neat.. and it is. Lexi and I are both clean freaks so we keep it neat and tidy. We still had to figure out where we were going to have the nursery. We were thinking of saving up and building another room onto the house. Mum had suggested that we get a different house, but we grew up in here I didn’t want to move. Or we could just put the cots and stuff in our room, but there just isn’t enough room! It was going to be so hard being so dedicated to the Janoskians when I am raising two little girls, but I’m sure we will get used to it.

We had bought stuff in Brisbane for the baby, but since we are living here with the baby, we had decided that we would just have the nursery there for when we visit. Lexi was now 16 weeks and 1 day which means 23 weeks and 6 days left to get ready. I was getting so excited.. I mean I was going to be a daddy.. bringing up baby twin girls.

……

It had been a week and 1 day since Lexi moved in. She was now 17 weeks pregnant and we were going shopping for nursery stuff and some clothes.. we were so excited so we wanted to get heaps. We had a list of stuff we need to get before the babies are born but we were only getting some of it today. This is what we had on the list:

2 x Cot

2 x Cot Mattress

2 x Mattress Protector

4 x Sheets/blankets

1 x Baby Monitor

1 x Change Table

2 x Nappy Wipes(pack)

2 x Nappys(pack)

2 x Baby shampoo/conditioner/Body Wash

1 x Baby bath

1 x Nail Clippers/Scissors

1 x Super Soft hair brush

4 x Bath Towel

4 x Face Cloth

1 x Twin Pram

2 x Baby Seat

2 x Sun Shades for car windows

1 x Nappy Bag

2 x Formula

8 x Baby bottle

1 x Steriliser

Clothes

20 x Body Suits

20 x Singlets

10 x Socks

2 x Togs

2 x Sun Hat

10 x Beanie

4 x Jackets/Jumpers

10 x Pants

10 x Tops

1 x Storage Drawers

1 x Bouncer

Toys

2 x Teething Ring

8 x Dummies

Lexi and I were going with mum, Beau, Mel and Jai to the shops today to get some of the stuff. Lexi was also planning her baby shower with Mel and Rosie this afternoon, when and if skip brings Rosie back. We were going to fly up to Brisbane in a month or so for the baby shower, but we can’t wait too long otherwise Lexi won’t be able to fly.

Lexi, Mel and I went in my car and Beau, Jai and mum went in Beau’s car. I opened the girls doors up for them and after they got in I went around to my side and got in and started the car. I reversed out of the driveway and made my way to the shops. Lexi looked gorgeous today like always. She was wearing light denim washed out shorts and a white ruffled tank top. I was wearing my Nirvana shirt and pale yellow shorts with my black havaianas.

…..

After shopping we went home and while Lexi and Mel began organising the baby shower I went into my room and begun editing a new video. Soon skip and Rosie turned up and Rosie went and joined in the baby shower planning and skip went and played Fifa on xbox with Jai while Beau was going to the gym by himself.

At the shops we got some cute body suits for the babies in pink, white and purple. We got 2 cots, 2 mattresses and mattress protectors, 4 sets of sheets, 4 blankets and a change table. We also got some  cute little white frilly socks and some singlets. Next week we were going to call someone about organising building a new room onto the house. Lexi and I were going to use some of our savings for it. Once it was built, we could begin decorating and setting up their room.