chapter 2

Emily stuck her head out the living room window. The truck was outside. Engine on. Ready to leave.

Emily couldn't believe her eyes. She said glanced over at her mom, looking as puzzled as Emily felt.

"Wasn't it tomorrow?" The Queen asked as the driver of the truck walked in.

"My queen," the driver was a vampire that can go over into the human world, " We were to pick up the princess today. She would start tomorrow."

"Oh, um, yes,very well." She looked at her daughter. Clearly talking to her without words, nor thoughts. Her eyes were talking to Emily, and she could understand. Emily noticed her gaze and quickly scrambled up, and ran to her room.

She returned with her things tucked neatly in her arms. Emily was ready.

Well not quite.

"Do you have your phone?" Her mother asked. Emily sat down all of her things, and went back to her room. Every thing was gone. All her clothes, toys, and electronics. She put her hand down on her pocket.

Okay, I did grab it. I can't believe they are taking me this quick.

Emily walked back in, jamming her new phone further in her pocket. She quickly reached over to her other pocket.

Mp3, yes. Headphones, check. I wouldn't unlive- I mean live a day without it. Emily thought to herself.

"Let's go, my princess," he swayed a arm towards the door. Emily stopped in her tracks. "What is it?"

"My stuff," Emily realized it wasn't there on the floor anymore.

"I put that in the truck, my-"

"Will you please speak to me using my name? I like being called like I'm a regular, um, you know."

"Okay, I'll just talk to you like I'm your equal."

"Yes, thanks."

"Your welcome, Emily," he said as he dipped out the door and into

*************************************

Emily watched the trees, pole lines, and anything else in the human world on the road that she could think of.

No wonder I got taken early. It took half an hour to drive through the portal. Emily figured.

The truck went to a sudden jolt. Emily gasped at the sight of her 'new home'.

"Here is your stop. I'll help you get your stuff." He shut off the engine, got out and held the door for Emily. Emily got out and watched him get her stuff from the trunk.

"Do you want me to help you get my things?"

"Actually, you have too carry it all in, I hope you can handle that," all Emily could do was nod, she was to caught up in how big the human middle school is. The driver got her attention.

Eventually.

She got all her stuff in the school, he drove away, and she went to find someone to help. Finally she seen one student standing by their locker, doing nothing.

He looks friendly enough...  Emily thought and walked over.

"Hello!"

"Go away, please. It might not look like it, but I'm a good fighter. So you better listen to me newbie." Emily was confused and shocked.

"Okay one, you don't look like you're a good fighter. Two,how did you know I was new?"

"I have never seen you in these hallways." The boy stopped going threw his locker. Probably done with what he was doing.

"Cool. Cool. So, what is your name?"

"Well I'll tell you my name if you say I look like a good fighter..."

"Fine, you look like your a good fighter."

"My name is Steve."

"Ssssstttttteeeeeevvvvvveeeeee. Hm. Hey, Steve?"

He didn't pay attention.

"All right, you forced me," she took a deep breath,"Steve. Steve. Steve. Steve. Steve. STEVE. Steve. Ssssttteeevvveee."

"OKAY, OKAY! JUST SHUT UP!"

"Hehe.....I know your weak spot...."

"Oh, boy."

(Steve is based off of Minecraft, in case you were wondering)