Chapter 10

Ring!

The alarm went off as Emily lazily rubbed her eyes. With a groan, she jumped out of the bunk, landing on her feet.

She turned around to look at the bottom bunk. She tilted her head when she saw Steve in his sleep struggling to breath. He was crying and thrashing just a little. He started yelling at someone that wasn't there.

"Stop... Please... No... N-No, please. Just don't. No!" Steve yelled as he started hitting at the air.

Emily, suddenly frightened, crept towards him. She carefully shook him. Emily fell back when he sat upright suddenly.

"GET AWAY FROM ME! YOU ALREADY WREKED MY LIFE!" Steve yelled, swatting at the air.

"Uh okay. Don't know how, but all I did was shake you," Emily said, holding her hands up in defense.

"Ugh. Nightmare... It's nothing." Steve said shrugging it off.

Emily walked over the calendar, after reading it, she trudged over to her clothes and pulled out the outfit her mom got her. Steve watched her walk into the bathroom once she was out of sight he got up and walked over the calendar.

His face turned pale.

Picture day.

He quickly rummaged through his clothes.

Shoot. Nothing for today. Guess I'll have to wear my favorite outfit. He thought as he pulled out a blueish-green T-shirt and some jeans. He realized it was the same outfit he wore when he met Emily. Oh well...

Emily walked out of the bathroom, grinning ear to ear. She put her pajamas in their rightful place and started humming.

Steve walked in the bathroom, clothes in hand.