Chapter 1[0]:My life

Good Morning people of this fine world. I am Matthew Peterson or Matt, for short. My parents don't like it when I shorten my name. Personally, I think they don't like me at all. They kind of wished for a girl. But here I am, 15 years later and I'm still alive and not stranded "accidentally" in a dumpster alone, lost in a city with about a million people surrounding the cold desolate area... A scary thought. That maybe has happened to me once or twice before.. coming to think about it, around 10 times through my whole life. Not bad. Not bad. 

My parents are still fond of me and love me. I get good grades in school, one of the highest level posh schools in England.  I'm creative, smart, sporty and every trait any person could wish for, still, I'm treated well but probably better by the Dog. As you probably can guess she was a replacement for the girl they never got. Sad isn't it? I still love her to death. Bailey is a 3 year old black and tan German Shepard. She's my favourite breed. we bought her when she was a pup, not even a week old. My dad had a best friend whose dog was going to give birth. They had about 4 dogs to handle, the mother and her 3 pups to handle so we bought one of them. Bailey still sees her Brothers and mother once in a while so she wouldn't forget them.

My dad's a manager for a famous boy band and my mum works in the music industry in the higher class (Probably how they met) so they are VERY rich. We live in a mansion up on a hill,my friends live about  minutes away from me but we always meet by the stables about a few minutes away. We have a swimming pool, sports field, many rooms some which I'm still discovering every week about 6 butlers and anything else you can imagine. We're not that kind of Snobbish family that wear awkward hand-made cotton clothing, bow ties and gelled up hair that makes our faces look big. (Like the Dursleys? But they aren't THAT rich..)

I guess you can kinda say I'm normal.. hhahahahaha. What am I talking about?I'm so different to other normal city kids. City kids don't have a private limo on speed dial, City kids don't have one room dedicated to a collection of giant trophies and sports medals you earn, and certainly not  hundreds of books split into different rooms for each category of books and music. I've read all of them about 2 times in my life, and I read ALOT. So you can kinda estimate how many I own then.

But I'm not posh like rich people I guess, I wear jeans and a t-shirt almost every day,I'm just above average for my height, I listen to Pop-rock and alt.Rock music. Yes, I play instruments and do art but I'm very good. I play Guitar, A little Electric and Bass, Drums, Violin, Cello, clarinet, piano all self taught. So proud :) 

I have a few friends from school, also they are posh. They are great friends, we horse ride together and play football, all of us have great grades. But I wanna find out more about City life, 'go beyond the barrier', as my mother would say. 

This isn't one of those cliche high school story lines about bullying or about finding a goal in life to be better at something, mhm, you see, I'm kinda different. Well that's what my father says. All I want to do is live life normally.   

"Permission to share ideas mother? Father?" I asked during a quiet Meal. My mum looked at me during her mouthful and nodded. 

"What is it you would like to ask Matthew?"My dad asked.

"Well, You see," I started to speak as I put down my fork and knife and wiped my mouth with a tissue then standing up pushing my chair behind me naturally as I put my hands on the table. That caused an issue straight away as my parents raised their eyebrows. They already know about me complaining about how I want to go out into the city and study. They just haven't said yes. "I'm turning 16 in a week so I feel I should have the rights to go to a commoner school."I said lifting my head up but not too high my  beanie hat on top of my head falls off.

"Take off your hat, you're dressed too bluntly to be taken seriously,you look like a singer," My dad joked even though he had a serious face on. I take it off and fix my hair. I have dark chocolate brown hair with streaks of Lighter brown genes from my mother and dark hazel eyes from my father. I've always admired it. "and your headphones.."He continues saying. I take them off from around my neck and place my black and red Beats headphones and place them on the table disconnecting the end off my phone and placing it down."But," My dad looks at my mum and she nods. "We understand you have wanted to go to one of these schools, so we will let you." I almost squealed like a girl.But I didn't, instead I took a deep breath making a serious face that people do at meetings when negotiating.

"Thanks Dad-"

"On one condition," He carried on saying."I will buy everything you need and your uniform, However, You must not get caught up in high school drama but do well in school no matter how much you already know, or don't know. Don't come up to me if you feel you don't like it because I will just say I told you so." He smiled slightly and rolled his eyes. "And especially NO Hosting parties or going to them without my permission." 

"I won't Let you down! When will I start?" I have never let him say I told you so to me and I plan on keeping it that way.

"Maybe In a week if we can get it you into a city high school  quick." 

"It would mean you will start year eleven. Its August so you would start in the beginning of September. People would be moving up one year as you start." My Mum continued.

 Perfect timing I guess.

I scoffed down my dinner and excused myself from the table grabbing my hat, headphones and phone and race to my bedroom, sadly on the other side of the hall. Its not big but I like it. I slip on my headphones and switch on music as I nod to the butler that opens the door for me and closes it as I enter. I sit down on the floor, back against the wall by my bed and grabbed my laptop with Bailey and searched up: 

How to prepare for a new High school.