Chapter 3[2912]:New School. New life

{Preview:

"I'm so different to other normal city kids"

"All I want to do is live life normally"

"How to prepare for a new high school"

End Preview}

First day of my new school. I sigh slowly looking in the mirror trying to adjust my tie properly. I fiddle around with my new uniform. heh, New uniform. New school. New life. I guess its gonna be hard on the first day. My dad has already booked me. I'm 16 now. My birthday was two days ago. It was alright I guess, Stayed in bed for most of it. Went to the cinema with friends. "Stay calm, Matt."I mumbled to myself looking in the mirror one last time messing my hair up then fixing it back properly until it was perfect. Yes, I know only girls would do that, But its my first day, and I have to make a good impression don't I? Which comes to my first point on how to survive through this.

1.Dress to impress

When you're wearing an uniform you can't really Dress how you want, You still have to look good wearing it. Even if the colours clash together its the thought that counts. I smirk a little after I thought that.

I pack my book I'm reading into my bag along with a pencil case and put on my lucky necklace/chain, what ever you call it, around my neck. Its long enough to tuck under my shirt so it wouldn't be seen. Yes. I have a lucky necklace. It has a music note charm on it, I've worn it in every exam and I've done well in all of them. Its amazing though. I tighten up my watch and fix my hair one last time tempted to put a hat on it but I can't mess it up.

I grabbed my new Bluetooth headphones I received for my birthday and put it around my neck. I checked I looked Ok and turned the doorknob and headed outside. "Morning Fraiser." I said to the butler.

"Good morning Sir, Good luck today." He said closing the door, his head giving me a little reassuring nod on my way out.

"Thank you very much." I said slipping my hands into my trouser pockets. I guess the uniform was much more casual than my old one, blazer, fancy shoes. I need to wear a collar shirt and a jumper. I Decide to wear my shoes I wore before because they were good as new and I bought them about a month ago.

2. Never be late for your first day

I kissed my mum on the cheek and hugged my dad good bye. It was already 8:00 and I hadn't even eaten breakfast. I was tempted to go get food from the kitchen but my conscience was telling me to get to school. I had to do those little Pre-School things like get my timetable assign my class etc. Food or leave? Food or leave? I spend about 5 minutes moving my weight to each foot alternatively deciding whether to walk to the kitchen or door. I finally gave up and ran towards the kitchen grabbing an apple from the table and running to the door and down the steps leading to the car. "Score!" I said to myself as I fist bumped the air near my chest so no-one would see me being weird.

"Good luck Matthew!" My mother said as I got into the car.

"Thanks Mum!" I replied. I saw my Dad just looking at me as I made eye contact with him for a second or two. His words just get stuck in my mind, 'Don't come up to me if you feel you don't like it because I will just say I told you so.' I closed the door and sat in the back and placed my headphones on my ears listening to music as it kept me calm.

I guess I turned up early because hardly anyone was outside. Or I'm late. I arrived in a car, because I thought a limo was a tiny bit extreme. Okay, maybe a lot...and plus, I didn't want to be embarrassed OR over popular. I've read the books where the guy on his first day embarrasses himself and people spread rumours about him until he shows off becomes popular, and soon they find out secrets and turns on him. Not a good start to someones new life.