40

Excuse all mistakes!

"You having fun, babygirl?" I asked Amaia over the phone.

"E-D, daddy ticklin' me!" She laughed.

"Aww! E-D and mommy miss you!" I cooed.

"I miss to." Amaia answered. I could hear shuffling in the background and called out for Amaia.

"E?" A male voice called out through the phone.

"Who this? Tupac?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. I was just hanging up now man." I lied.

"Nah, don't I actually wanna to talk to you."

I silently sighed and spoke up, "Wassup?"

"Look man, I know we've had our disagreements over Jay and all, but we both share a passion, taking care of Amaia. It's about time we start acting like grown men about the situation." Pac explained.

I absolutely understood what he was talking about, but I don't see the point. "Uh, yeah that was the crazy shit." I responded.

"You know when Jay decided to be with you, I was happy. You know how they say, "TRUE love always finds a way." Pac said.

"Thank you for taking care of her when I wasn't man enough to do so, it's very appreciated." I praised.

"It's good. We good, E?" Pac asked.

"Yeah, most definitely." I laughed.

I hung up the phone and went downstairs to meet Jay. I was surprised by walking in on her crying.

"Jay! What's wrong baby?" I asked concerned about the situation.

She just sniffled and blankly looked up at me.

"What? What? What's wrong?" I asked.

She then grabbed the tv remote, and increased the volume.

"We do have word that the passengers are in shock and must be picked up by a family member."

"We gotta go.." Jay uttered.

"Where? What? Who are those people?!" I asked concerned.

Suddenly, Jay broke down crying, "How long have they been abandoned without anything to survive?"

"Who?" I questioned.

"MY PARENTS!" She screamed.

My face dropped and my mouth fit the shape of an "O".

Jasmine began laughing irrationally saying, "I've finally awoken from my nightmare. I knew it couldn't have been true!"

I stared at her and slowly tried to change the subject, "Sooo..Is there some way I could help you?"

"There's really nothing you can do. Well except, bring me to the Rescue Center of New Orleans."

"Yes! I'll do it."

"What!?" I whispered vociferously over the phone.

"Nigga you heard me! Why the fuck you whispering anyway?" Tomica asked.

"Cause I ain't supposed to be fuckin' wit you!" I said growing angry.