1

Rachel's POV

'Santana, I don't know. Finn and I broke up less than three weeks ago,' I said, trying to reason with Santana, my best friend. She was making me go to a party, even though I just got out of my relationship with Finn. 'Also I heard he's moved on and he's taking Quinn!'

'Berry, look. It's our junior year. This is the year of parties and fun, then next year we can focus on college and all that other crap,' Santana beckoned. She wasn't like me, she was popular. Co-captain of the cheerleading team, the Cheerios, and top bitch at McKinley High. I guess I was popular, but not like her. The only reason I'm not completely destroyed is because she's my friend.

We continued to walk to glee when we came to a sudden stop at he entrance to the choir room. 'Look, go with me to this one party. I promise I won't beg your for the rest of the year'

I knew she wasn't going to keep that promise, school only started a couple of months ago, but I surrendered. 'Fine,' I sighed. 'But don't think I'm going to like it!'

Santana smirked with satisfaction as we entered the room and took our seats. The bell rang and Mr Schue started the lesson.

'Sectionals!' Mr Schue said as he wrote on the board. Today, he was sporting a brightly coloured vest. At this point, I've given up on judging his ludicrous fashion crimes. I'm not really one to talk, I often wear plaid skirts and reindeer sweaters to school, but that's only because they're comfortable and make me feel unique.
Also Finn likes them.

I need to get him off my mind! Honestly, I'm still torn up over our break up. Even though my friends think I'm fine, I often cry myself to sleep, not just because I was dumped. But because he's now dating Quinn, little miss perfect. Everyday she constantly tells me that I'm not good enough and makes horrid comments about my appearance, but I try not to let it get to me.

Suddenly I hear Quinn shouting at me across the room, while Santana yells back. Finn, who is seated next to Quinn, stands up.

'Stop! Both of you!' He shouts. Taken aback, the two cheerleaders stop. 'Yes Quinn, I'm dating you, but it's proven that Rachel and I doing a duet are the team's safest bet to win! We've never lost sectionals, so why start now?'

Fuming, Quinn sat back down. She obviously is pissed at Finn because he didn't stand up for her. I guess I'm doing a duet with Finn at sectionals, and I also guess Santana is guessing the same thing due to the smirk on her face.