~Chapter 7~

Rachel’s POV

I felt the warmth of his breath against my neck as I pulled his arms tighter around me. I heard a soft groan as snores suddenly became audible. I slowly rolled around so that I could stare at his gorgeous face. Argh he was so adorable. Why was this kid so damn complicated? I flashbacked to our conversation.

I don’t know. I have no idea what’s going on in my life. All these weird things that keep occurring, things that I can’t explain.”

Why was Caspian alone. He should be running around with his pack, not attending high school like a normal teen. Everything about him doesn’t make sense. Why would his mum hide the past from him? Was it because of the loss of her husband? Wait… he left when Caspian was three. Twelve years ago when the war between werewolves, hunters and wizards was at its peak. I heard that the prince of the Royal Wolfsbane pack disappeared. Many said that he was killed, but the rumour was never official. Could it be? That the boy right before me is the long lost prince of the Wolfsbane Pack?

Caspian’s POV

I rubbed my eyes as let out a huge yawn. I slowly stretched my body as I allowed my blurry vision to adjust to the rays of light glaring in.  

“Morning,” Rachel chimed as I smelt freshly toasted bread somewhere in the vicinity.

“Hey,” I replied in a raspy voice as I scratched my messy hair.

“I’m assuming you already know what’s for breakfast”

“Is it a morning kiss and cuddle?” I gave her cheeky grin as I got off the couch.

“Flirt!” She chuckled as she led me to the kitchen.

I couldn’t deny the massive tension between Rachel and me although she tried to act like usual, but I attempted to ignore the vibe as I munched my toast. I glanced over at the analog clock: 7.48am.

“Hey, I should get home. Mum’s totally going to flip out again since the last time I didn’t come home. Thanks for breakfast, it was heaps good.”

Well I am a professional toaster! Hey… Caspian.”

I flashed her a smile as I pulled on my converse shoes. “Yeah?”

“I think that… never mind. See you at school”

I could sense uncertainty in her voice, maybe it’s another wolf thing. I gave her a quick peck as I sprinted home. Mum is so not going to be thrilled…

~

I sauntered through the school hallways as I scouted for Rachel’s chestnut brown hair. Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder as a soft squeal left my mouth. I turned around to see Joshua smiling gleefully back at me.

“Holy crap dude. You have to stop doing that. It’s so bloody scary!”

“Sorry dude! Old habits die hard! Anyways, Rachel is over there.” He pointed towards a figure which was heading towards us.

“Oh thanks” I turned around to find that I was talking to myself. Talk about weird…

When Rachel arrived we had a casual conversation before the bell rang. I walked her to first period as I held her hand.

“So how did your appearance this morning with your mum go?” she questioned as she hugged my arm.

“Oh god, I told her that I bunked at your place and she started going on about ‘the talk’. I was like, please, stop, just stop. After she said she hoped I used protection I ran out of the house covering my ears.”