~Chapter 3~

The burn in my thigh became extremely intense that I completely forgot that Ms Fox still stood there.  I ripped my pants off, thinking that it would somehow cool off. I gasp in shock as I look down to where the claw had impaled me. It wasn’t a claw anymore. Somehow in its place was a tattoo of a paw mark.  The size of a wolf’s.

“Welcome to the pack Caspian,” Ms Fox said with her usual chime.

Jumping from shock as I suddenly remembered she still stood there, I shouted. “What have you done to me!” Searing pain erupted around my whole body. My body rippled and rolled like a colony of rats were running inside of me. My jaw extended as I fell on to all fours. My nails turned to deadly black claws. Dark blue fur extended from every part of my body.

“I haven’t done anything to you dear.”

Quickly as she appeared she ran off. All I heard was the paw of an animal pouncing away, soon all that could be heard was the rustle of the trees as the breeze swayed across. A lonely howl could be heard throughout the forest. The unbearable pain that I once felt slowly rushed away. I felt strange, like how you would feel in a dream. It felt so real, but yet you got this throbbing haze in your mind, allowing you to see only so much. I could suddenly smell multiple scents all at once. I easily picked up the smell of alcohol, chlorine, puke and the stench of pee. It felt like my  sense had been magnified by a million times. The music from the house became louder and louder, like I had placed my earphones on full blast. All my senses were soon too good to be true. I could see in the dark, every single animal’s movement in the night. 

I soon realised that I had been so occupied by the changes that were happening to me, I had completely ignored the fact that I had a wagging tail behind me and I was very VERY hairy. I tried to scream from shock, but all that came out was a deep growl.

“This , this can’t be happening…..” I thought to myself as I denied the fact that I had turned into a creature of the night.

Four figures appeared out of the shadows and walked towards me. They surrounded me before coming out into the light. Four wolves, as large as I was formed a circle around me. One by one In a blink of an eye, they shape shifted into humans, one of them being Ms Fox.

“ Well I guess you’ve worked out that werewolves do exist, haven’t you?” one of them began.

He was tall, had short brown hair and blue eyes. His shoulders were broad and he was well built. He wore a tight shirt and shorts which showed off his bulging muscles.

“How do I change back?” I growled in the strange wolf language, knowing that he would still understand me.

“Think human. Right now you’re using your wolf instincts, think human.”

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. I could hear the calmness of the forest, but I couldn’t hear the blasting of the music I could hear moments ago. I could feel my sense withdrawing, all weakening back to normal. Slowly I opened my eyes. I looked down at myself. No longer was I on all fours with a sudden urge to sniff someone’s butt.

“Well done. You mastered that quickly than your own chemistry teacher,” he smirked as he looked over towards Ms Fox. She glared back at him with poison in her eyes.

I was dripping with sweat from the whole event that had just taken place. I was exhausted to the point where I was unable to breathe properly.

“Who the f*ck are you? What the in the f*cking world just happened?” I shouted at him agitated from all the confusion that had built inside of me.

“I’m Blake, your alpha. You’ve been chosen.” 

“ Firstly, b*tch please! Do I look like I want a master or something? You are NOT my alpha. Secondly, chosen for what! I didn’t want to be any part of this!” I was so enraged that I didn’t notice that my fingers were turning into claws again.