Chapter Thirteen

Placing the soup bowl on the coffee table, I look towards Angela to smile with gratitude

Placing the soup bowl on the coffee table, I look towards Angela to smile with gratitude. It's been a long time since someone else cooked for me, or decided to take an interest in doing the washing. Blake will do just about anything else to get out of it. Considering he makes more mess, he should really be the one to do it.

"Are you feeling better?" she asks.

"Much better, thank you." I grin.

I peer into London's portable cot to see how she's doing. London lays stretched out with the wet flannelette still laying across her forehead. It's been a while since I first came to Angela for help. During the time I've spent sleeping, London's fever has considerably reduced and she's doing well, thankfully.

As I look up from her cot, I see the back door open and Blake walk inside with a nervous grin on his face.

"I've found you both!" He green eyes light up with relief.

"Sorry, I've been resting," I reply.

I get off the couch and walk around to meet Blake. I wrap my arms around his body and press my lips against his. I snuggle closer to Blake, enjoying the comfort his body brings.

"What's wrong with London?" He moves my body aside so that he can catch a closer glance at her.

"She's had a small fever, nothing to worry about," explains Angela before I get the chance.

Blake's head turns towards me, his green eyes turning to stone. I suck in my lower lip and chew as I think of a self-defence case. Before I need to beg for mercy, Angela jumps right in to explain the situation.

"Calm down, Blake," grumbles Angela. "I didn't want to tell you because you over react about everything."

"I should be notified if my daughter is sick." The, my, stings more than it should. I'd never feel like London is mine, not when I'm continuously put on the outside, second guessed about everything. I'm not sure what I really want, I'm not too sure of anything anymore. I want to believe one thing... but my mind goes another way.

Is it really a smart move to be involved with someone who has previous attachments? Before I thought Tori was the problem that we could never be together because of her. But now that Tori is irrelevant to the situation, and actually kind of helpful, I worry the problem has always started with my feelings for Blake.

Soon enough, I'd be damaged goods. I'd either wrecked myself or forced it out of Blake. I'm not an easy person to like or to manage. I'm constantly over thinking the situation and I have too many emotions that drive my impulses. I'm amazed I've captured Blake's attention for this long.

Blake grabs London from the cot and removes the cloth from her forehead. She's sleepy, but otherwise fine. Without saying anything, Blake walks out of the house and returns to his. I look towards Angela for comfort, to which I'm met with a weak smile.