Chapter 16~ At Last

LONG CHAPTER ALERT

*two years later*

Mia's POV

I've known Ethan for nine years now. Damn that's a long time! When people say that they have the perfect guy, I just scoff. Ethan isn't perfect. He's probably the least perfect person I know but hey! So am I. I don't understand why girls say that. There is no perfect guy that sweeps you off your feet and takes you away from reality and you're all la-di-da. That's complete crap. Like I said, there is no perfect guy. However, there is a perfect guy for you.

Ethan's POV

I've been doing chemo, like Mia asked me to. I feel brighter and more energetic. I can walk perfectly fine but I'm still not completely normal yet. There still something tingling in different parts of my legs, but I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign.

Mia's POV

I text Ethan,

Me: hi

Ethan: yo

Me: wyd?

Ethan: at work almost done

Me: Can you go pick up Josh from school? I'm still trying to put Bailey to sleep

Ethan: Yea sure

Me: Thx

I tuck my phone into my pocket and go upstairs carefully with my little baby girl in my arms. Her chin rested on my shoulder. She wails with crocodile tears. I try to ease her,

"Shhhh" I pat her back softly. Her cries increase and almost blast my ear drums. I sit down in rocking chair and change her position. She lies in my arms and now tears roll down her cheeks one after the other.

"Bailey it's okay, Mommy's here" I chant. I tear up a little.

"I'm sorry I'm not a good mom" I cry softly. She's been crying everyday for the past week and I don't know what's wrong with her. I checked her temperature a thousand times and she doesn't seem sick at all.

"I'm trying my best but I don't what I'm doing wrong" a tear drop accidentally falls on Bailey's rosy cheek. Her cry softens.

"I don't know how to raise a child" I sob. Tears start flowing. Some drop into my shirt. I flutter my eyelashes and I look down at Bailey. She smiles, my tears drops splattered all over her face. I laugh and I wipe away the tears from her face with my hand. She stands up on my thighs, and I play with her. She laughs wildly. I study her. Her eyes are big like mine and hazel like Grayson's. Her face structure is like Ethan. My beautiful little daughter. I return her back to the position from before, laying in my arms. 

I sing a soft tune to her. She looks into my purple eyes.

If I could fly, I'd comin' right back home to you

I think I might give up everything just ask me to

Pay attention I hope that you listen, cause I let my guard down

Her eyes shut

For your eyes only, I'll show my heart

For when you're lonely and forget who you are

I'm missing half of me, when we're apart

Now you knooow me for you eyes only