Rocking the boat

'Firs' years over here!' A loud, gruff voice called.

'Hey Hagrid!', Naomi and James called. They were well aquainted with the half-giant, who sometimes visited their parents. Jake and Scorpius on the other hand looked slightly worried by Hagrid's height.

'Alright you two?' Hagrid asked as they scrambled over to him. 'Who's this then?'

'This is Jake and Scorpius' James explained. 'Are we going on the boats yet?' he added excitedly.

Hagrid looked over at the crowd of nervous first years and nodded 'yep, that looks just about everyone. Follow me' he shouted over the noise of the station and he lead the first years down a small path to the lake, where a small fleet of boats was waiting.

'No more than four to a boat now,' Hagrid warned as the four scrambled into a boat. When everyone was ready the boats set off and started drifting across the lake to the castle. The castle looked magnificent with all the lights and windows shining and Naomi sighed with happiness. The boat ride seemed to be taking a while and James nudged Naomi in the ribs with his elbow.

'Wouldn't it be fun to rock the boat' he whispered. Naomi thought it sounded funny and they started to sway, causing the boat to rock threateningly. When Jake saw what they were doing he laughed and joined in. 'I don't think this is a very good idea,' Scorpius started, but James interupted, 'Come on Scorpius, it'll be fun. Don't be a spoil sport'. Scorpius looked worried but then a slightly evil grin came over his face. He suddenly rocked the small boat with all his stregnth, causing James, Naomi and Jake, who had let go of the sides, to lose their balance and topple into the icy water.

James yelped and Scorpius sat there laughing his head off. Naomi loked up at him and put on her best puppy dog eyes. 'Hey Scorp, it's really cold, and you wouldn't let a girl freeze would you?' Scorpius looked down at her and sighed. 'Fine', he offered her his hand to pull her up, but at the last moment, Naomi yanked on his arm as hard as she could and Scorpius fell into the water with a look of utter surprise on his face.

At that moment, Hagrid caught sight of them all floundering in the water, splashing each other and trying to swim whilst laughing at the same time. He burried his head in his hands and groaned. From the look of it, this lot were going to be worse than the Weasley twins. He pulled them out of the water and dumped them back into their boat. He then threw them a blanket each that he had kept in his boat for such occasions. There was always one, or four in this case.

Finally the boats docked at the other side of the lake and the four of them disembarked, wearing their blankets like cloaks. They strode at the head of the crowd of first years and climbed up the steps to the entrance hall. Only now were they starting to feel the butterflies of nerves in their stomachs and they waited for someone to come and collect them.

****************************************************************************************************

Don't forget to vote/comment :)