Too Far?

The four stared at the livid McGonagall and every bad thought possible ran through Naomi's mind. She was going to be expelled, they would snap her wand in half, her parents would disown her, she would die on the streets in poverty... Okay so maybe that was a little extreme but she was only eleven.

And then James opened his huge mouth. 'Good morning professor,' he yawned. 'Well it was quite an early morning so I think I'll be off to bed of its all the same to you.' He gave Mcgonagal what he obviously presumed was a charming smile and strode out of the closet and off in the direction of Gryffindor Tower. However he was stopped in his tracks when a large hand grabbed his collar. Nervously James looked up into the scowling face of Professor Nevile Longbottom, and too late did James remember Nevile's previous experience with Cornish Pixies. James must have realised there was no way he was getting out of this one and so, throwing caution to the wind, he grinned at the professor and said 'mother sends her love?'

----(Cheesy Time Change) ------ 5 years later ------

Naomi crossed her arms over her chest and scowled. She was now in her sixth year and her, James, Scorpius and Jake were sitting in exactly the same place that they had found themselves in after their first ever prank. The only difference being that Professor Longbottom had replaced Mcgonagall as Head Master after her retirement. And there was a Hufflepuff with shocking red and gold hair sitting next to them.

Neville pinched the bridge of his nose and stared at the sullen sixteen year olds in front of him. 'Look, I don't care,' he began, 'If this prank was meant for Cory or not. You can't just go around dying peoples' hair red and gold!'

'Would've been green and silver if I'd had my way,' Scorpius muttered.

Neville sighed. 'Cory you can go.' Cory the Hufflepuff fled from the room with one last terrified glance at James who was giving him the evil eye. Neville turned back to the four sitting infront of his desk.

'Okay, since nobody was actually harmed or in danger you will each serve detention on Friday evening and be done with the matter.'

Naomi and James shared a horrified glance and simultaneously yelled, 'but that's quidditch practice! And the game is on Saturday!'

'Well that's your problem,' Neville shot back. 'And maybe you should have thought about that before you hexed a fellow student, which, may I remind you, is all you have done since you arrived at this school! Now go to your dorms!'

The four sat there slack jawed and stunned. Never in all their time at Hogwarts had any of them ever seen Professor Longbottom this mad. Silently they all left his office, only speaking once to say goodbye to Scorpius as he went to his Common room in the dungeons, despite the fact that it was the middle of the day.

As Naomi watched a near hysterical Cory conversimg with a large group of angry Hufflepuffs she felt that maybe they had gone too far. she wasnt sure however if she'd ever manage to say that to James.

****************************************

Hello wonderful readers if there are indeed any of you left and those who are then thank you So much. I am aware that I have neglected this story and therefore will try and upload more often. Thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoyed the chapter :D