ten (continued)

— Michael's point of view

"no, Soph, I don't want to hurt you." I said, stepping closer and I let go of her hand. I put my right hand on her cheek and she bit her lip, looking up at me.

"I don't want to hurt you, either. I never did..." she sighed.

I smiled a little bit at that. god, I would totally ask her out right now again, but I can't because of Luke.

I guess she got a little bit uncomfortable with me staring at her without saying anything so she backed up.

she scratched the back of her neck. "so, now what..?" she asked.

I plopped on my bed and shrugged. I patted the spot next to me, as if telling her to sit by me. she came over and slipped her shoes off. she sat by me and I literally had to try so hard to not kiss her.

"do you like Luke?" I asked her and she sighed.

"I think like is a little bit of understatement." she said, blushing a little bit.

I smiled, it was cute to see her so happy.

"what do you like about him?"

"his eyes are beautiful.. his laugh is so contagious, when I hear it I just want to laugh, for no reason. and he's so sweet and it's just obvious that he cares about everyone and their feelings. something I need to work on.. and he's just pretty much amazing."

I admit, hearing her say those words about another guy hurt but she's right, he's my best friend and I shouldn't try to hurt him.

"if you like him that much, then why didn't you say yes when he asked you out?" I asked, because I still don't understand that. at all.

she looked down and bit her bottom lip, something she does often. "i, i just didn't want to be thought of as the slut. the girl that says yes to every guy... because that's not me. I thought that if I said yes then people would start calling me names again and make fun of our relationship and that Luke would dump me after a short time.."

"you're not a slut, Sophia. I don't know why people say that..." I said.

"well—" Sophia started but she got cut off by her phone ringing loudly.

she pulled her phone out of her pocket and almost screamed. "shit." she said.

"what is it?" I asked, leaning closer to see what's on her phone.

"Luke wants to FaceTime.. but he can't know I'm here. shit what do I do?" she said, panicking, as she got up.

"fuck, um... oh, go into the guest room to talk to him." I said and she nodded.

"okay, I'll be back in like five minutes." she said and she ran to the guest room.

I sighed and laid on my bed. I was bored and had nothing to do, so I found myself reaching for Sophia's purse. maybe if I just look in it for like a minute, she won't get mad. I mean, why would she? it's not like she's hiding anything.

I opened up her purse and I was surprised by how heavy it was. I saw a thing of pink lipgloss, a little mini mirror, a few notepads, crumpled pieces of paper, pens, pencils, mints, makeup stuff, etc. I picked up a piece of paper and I pulled it out. it said, 'call me ;) ###-###-#### josh'

I furrowed my eyebrows. I recognized the number and the name. I put her bag aside and looked the number up on my phone. the contact for Josh Collins popped up. aka, the biggest man whore at our school..

why would Sophia be talking to him? I thought she liked Luke? I honestly don't know what to think of her anymore.

aye hope u liked this :))) I've been updating a lot more but my reads have been going down :/

omg my ex is such a fuckboy wtf but i keep talking to him oops