Brooklyn

Jamie

"Making my way down town smoking weed working hard to get that Cheese....." I sang as I walked down a dark and dank alley way in Brooklyn New York.

It was about ten o clock at night and I Jamie Alexander Williams was on the way home

It was about ten o clock at night and I Jamie Alexander Williams was on the way home. The cool fall air nipped at my bare arms and the smell of cinnamon filled my nostrils as I walked down the familiar alleyway. All along the building walls were people from my neighborhood sharing Mrs.Angelean famous Cinimonrolls. My neighborhood wasn't the best;but the population of older folks and families made it home. Originally being from Queens  moving to Brooklyn was a welcome change.

The 2 bedroom apartment I shared with my older cousin and her 3 kids was small and cramped but is where we made some out neat memories. Growing up the way I did means I know what hard work is; I work three jobs and still make time to hang out with my family. My Cousin Latoya on the other hand is 20 and stays at home with her kids. I don't complain though I have really nice jobs and they treat me nice

"Hey Jay let me borrow a couple of dollars I'll pay ya back I promise!" Koby an 18 year old"wanna be" drug dealer asked as I turned the corner to leave the alley way.

"Go away Koby you need to be getting a job so you can feed yo kids." I told the light skinned boy as he followed me down the street.

"Please Jamie! I just owe Young 15 more dollars!" he pleaded as he grabbed my shoulder. Sighing I took my black mesh backpack from off of my back and opened it open.

"Fine Koby but after this go get a job and go back to school." I said as I took out my wallet and handed him 15 dollars.

"Thank you so much Jamie!"

He yelled as he stuffed the money into his pocket and squished me in a tight embrace I grunted and pulled away.

" Now look boy you better go to school tomorrow if I go up there and you not there we are going to have some problems.Understand?"

I told him as I closed my wallet and shoved it back into my backpack.

"Look Jamie I promise I will pay you back and I will be at school." He said as he grabbed both of my shoulders and shook me.

"Yeah whatever see you tomorrow" I grumbled as I put my backpack back on my back and continued to walk down the sidewalk.

"Goodnight Jamie!" he shouted as he ran the opposite way and waved at me. Quickly turning around I smiled and continued my trek to my apartment.

_______________________________________

When I finally made it to the tall concrete building I sighed and walked up the concrete till I made it to the door. I dug through the pocket of my blue jeans looking for the front door key and stuck it into the door I twisted the key until the door unlocked and I shouldered the old door open. Making it into the messy first floor I closed and locked the door. I checked the mail and sighed when I saw nothing but bills