five

<> Skylar's P.O.V <>

"Sky... Sky. Sky? Sky!" I wake up with a jolt to see Lucie sitting in her bed in front of me. I let out a big yawn, shuffling myself around in the extremely uncomfortable chair that I'm sitting in. She laughs at me and I send her a bit of a glare.

"What?" I ask, wearily. My eyes are slowly closing and opening again like my body is trying to pull me back to sleep.

"Your hair." She says through laughter. I frown, slowly and painfully getting out of the chair. I walk over to the only mirror in the room. It's very small and it's all she has. My body aches from sleeping in this cheap chair for a few hours.

I stare at myself in the mirror to see what so funny. The person I see in the mirror isn't funny. I don't know who the person in the reflection is. This isn't me. My hair is knotted and sticking up all over the place, blue bags hang under my eyes, my eyes are bloodshot from lack of sleep, lips cracked and dry, face pale. This isn't the Skylar that I used to know. The happy, outgoing and playful Skylar that was once real.

I hear Lucie sigh from over in her bed and I slowly turn around, walking over and sitting on the side of her bed. "I don't know why I keep waiting for someone that I know I won't have." I tell her slowly, almost as if I'm forcing it out though I'm not.

She furrows her eyebrows, frowning, "You know Sky. Sometimes you have to be strong enough to let go and patient enough to wait for what you deserve." She tells me and I find myself smiling.

"But how patient do I need to be before reaching my breaking point." I look down at my fingers, chipping off my old nail polish. "How long are you willing to wait?" She raises her eyebrows and I nod a little.

I move my hand to her forehead, pushing off the wrap that's around her head, revealing her hair that's growing back. Her beautiful brown hair is about an inch long at the moment but it's the first time in over a year that I've seen her with her gorgeous locks. Even though it's very short at the moment it shows a sense of improvement. Things are getting better.

"I love you so much Lucie." I lean down, engulfing her in a big hug. I feel a tear drop from my eye and onto her shoulder.

"I love you too Sky." She hugs me back weakly, "By the way Bradley was supposed to pick you up 5 minutes ago so he's probably waiting." She tells me and my eyes widen. I quickly leave the hug and she lies back down, looking up at me expectantly. I check my phone, seeing that it's indeed nearly 10 minutes past the time that he said he was picking me up.

"Oh god." I grab all my things from around the room, shoving them in my handbag and throwing it over my shoulder. "Bye Luce. Sleep well and I will probably see you tomorrow. Love ya." I give her a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing out of the room. I quietly close the door behind me and look out into the hallway, seeing Brad leaning against the wall directly across from the door.

He's stand there nonchalantly with his hands deep in his pockets as he gazes at the ground. He looks up at me as soon as I leave the room and instantly smiles. "Hey Brad." I say quietly and we both join in the very middle of the long, white hallway and slowly start to walk down.

"Hello Miss Prescott." He says cheekily and I chuckle, shoving him playfully. He acts as if he got hit hard which makes me burst into laughter. It's lucky that this hallway is pretty much deserted otherwise we'd be getting some pretty unpleased stares.

"So I have news." He tells me and I look up at him with raised eyebrows. "All the guys said that they would hang with Lucie for the next few days for you so guess what that means?" He tells me happily and my eyes widen in shock.