Chapter 7: Carnivores and Smores

Updating as fast as I can so I can move on to the Meg/Derek story xD

xx

SSC

Stiles was convinced she is an apparition of some kind, how else could he explain her sudden random disappearances whenever she felt like it. Maybe she was some figment in his mind, another personality he made up to keep him entertained during the most boring Spring Break of his life.

He explained everything to Scott but his friend seemed disbelieving, the girl sounded like a Martian. After Scott had left Stiles was left to his thoughts again, unable to stand the suspense of waiting for her to return that night he texted her asking her if she was okay.

Sorry about that and I am fine, I got a text from my uncle and it was urgent so I had to leave.

It was vague and left him even more curious about this uncle she rarely spoke of; in fact she never spoke about herself at all. Stiles tried being patient but now it was just getting ridiculous. But he didn’t want to scare her away by asking too many questions, no, the girl was a freaking Rubik’s cube, he had to plan and analyze from all angles before making a move to piece her together.

The biggest priority to him was making sure he wasn’t the only one who could see her; he was pretty convinced she wasn’t real and he needed someone to show him otherwise. There was a sharp knock at the door and Stiles perked up on the bed when his father walked in.

“Hey Stiles,” The sheriff greeted his lips curved into a soft smile and his eyes droopy and tired. 

“Dad, you are early.” Stiles noted looking to his dad, he nodded.

“Yeah I got off early, wanna order dinner tonight?”  The younger Stilinski’s gaze drifted to the clock that hung above his work table, it was almost eight which was the usual time when Ariel came over. A sly conniving grin curved his mouth and he looked to his father and nodded eagerly.

“Sure.”

Stiles was sitting in front of his window, his chin resting lazily over the frame but at the sight of a looming shadow approaching his house he instantly perked up. Ariel was making his way to his window, her hands buried in the pockets of her stripped jacket.

“Hey!” She froze at the sound of his voice and immediately looked up at him, Stiles was practically leaning over the window and waving wildly at her, she cocked an eyebrow.

“Why are you yelling?” She questioned.

“Sorry,” He cried back but then immediately dimmed the tone of his voice “you can come through the front door, my dad’s not here.” He informed, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion but nodded without qualm.

“Alright.” She agreed and Stiles watched in apprehension waiting for her to disappear from his line of vision, the moment she did Stiles dashed out of his bedroom and down a flight of stairs. He was praying she didn’t catch on to his deceit, he didn’t want to trick her but sometimes it was the only way.

Ariel grasped the door handle and turned only to be surprised by to see the Sheriff standing the corridor about to walk into the dining room when the door opening had caught his attention. He turned his profile to her looking just as perplexed as she was, he took slow steps in her direction and Ariel stood rooted to her spot at the threshold of the house.

“Hello, who are you?” He asked, she struggled to form words even when he smiled so welcomingly. Stiles suddenly appeared behind his dad, throwing one arm over his father’s shoulders and grinning in her direction.