Chapter 6: Tension

Y/N's POV

I woke up to the sound of yelling. It was already 11 and I was curious, so I changed out of the pjs I borrowed into what I usually wore and went to the living room. I noticed Leo and Raph fighting about something.

"I don't care what you say! We have to attack now so they don't expect anything!" Raph yelled.

"We can't do that, Raph! We have to have a plan before we barge in the hideout!" Leo screamed.

I groaned loudly and said, "Girls girls, you're both pretty. Now what's going on?"

They looked at me, shocked and blushing madly. I tried to keep from laughing.

"Did you call us 'girls'?" Leo asked.

"Yes I did. Have y'all not seen 'Megamind'? Anyway, what's the problem?" I answered as I approached them.

"Well, after our conversation about the Shredder, I told Fearless here that I want us to go ahead and attack them so they don't see it coming, while he wants us to lay low and not do anything," Raph explained.

I looked at Leo, letting him know I agreed with him. I then gave Raph an "I'm sorry" look. He knew right then I was taking Leo's side.

"Are you serious?" he asked, obviously mad.

"I understand what both of y'all are saying and I appreciate what you're trying to do, but if y'all charge in there blindly, you could fall into a trap," I explained.

"Oh, what do you know? You're just a girl," Raph retorted.

Now it was my turn to get mad.

"Excuse me? I know I kinda got my butt kicked fighting all four of you guys, but I'm tougher than I look!" I snapped.

"I'm still surprised you made it out of there!" he yelled as he shoved me a little out of his way.

"You guys, that's enough!" Leo said.

"Well at least I can control my anger!" I screamed.

Raph stopped dead in his tracks. He slowly turned towards me with more anger than I think even his brothers had seen, but I wasn't afraid. He came to me and faced me down.

"You did not just say that to me," he growled.

"Oh I believe me, I did," I snarled.

And then it happened. I felt Raph's hand come in contact with my face. It was to a point where I flew back and hit the concrete hard. Everyone must have seen it because they came running to me.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah I'm fine," I said.

"Are you sure?" Donnie replied.

"I promise I'm okay," I assured them.

As they helped me up, I realized that what I said was wrong. I was going to apologize to Raph when I noticed that he looked like he had seen a ghost. I knew that he regretted what he did. He slowly backed away from us until he turned around and ran out of the lair.

"No Raph! Wait!" I yelled but he already left.

I grabbed my bat and started to go after him until I felt a hand grab my shoulder and turn me around.

"Y/N, you don't have to go after him. He just needs some time alone," Leo told me.

"But I need to. We both said things we didn't mean and I deserved that slap to the face. So please, let me go find him," I explained.

"She's right, Leonardo. It's not safe for you in daylight. And Miss Y/N, bring Raphael home safely," Splinter said.

"That I promise," I responded.

I left the lair and first checked the sewers. I couldn't find him for the past six hours. I ignored any pain that I had except for hurting Raph. I couldn't get him out of my mind even though we only met yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Things got heated pretty quick. But I'm sure we all know y'all will figure things out.

P.S. "Megamind" is owned by Dreamworks.