Chapter 14: Rescue Mission

Y/N's POV

After I hung up, I felt rage. I got up and stomped to the edge of the rooftop and started jumping them with the others behind me.

"This is all my fault," I said.

"Y/N, you can't blame yourself for this," April replied.

"Yes, I can. If I hadn't left the lair, they wouldn't have been caught," I explained.

"But they go through stuff like this a lot," Casey responded.

"And they've always come out of it," Karai added.

"But still, they wouldn't have been in this situation if it weren't for me," I said.

We finally made it to Shredder's lair.

"I have a plan on getting in. And it starts off with stealth and ends with kicking major butt," I replied with a smirk.

"Oh yeah! Casey Jones is ready for anything!" Casey yelled while flipping his mask down.

I rolled my eyes as we huddled up. I discussed the plan and we surrounded Shredder's place. As I waited for the right moment, the others attacked the Foot without being seen. I saw the guys being beaten by the Foot.

'I'm gonna kill you Shredder,' I thought.

I Need A Hero

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight
Upon the fiery steed?
Late at night, I toss and I turn
And I dream of what I need

Then I jumped in and we started fighting off the Foot.

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the morning light
He's gotta be sure and he's gotta be soon
And he's gotta larger than life, larger than life

As I was fighting, I noticed the turtles hurt but Raph was in worse shape. This made me fight even harder.

"Aww, are you upset we didn't keep part of the bargain?" Rahzar smirked.

"You're gonna wish you kept both sides of it," I growled.

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
Someone's reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder
And rising with the heat
It's gonna take a Superman
To sweep me off my feet

After I beat Rahzar, I made my over to the guys and released them. Even though they were injured, they still stood and fought with us. I located Shredder and beat him to a pulp.

Up where the mountains
Meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning
Splits the sea
I could swear there is someone
Somewhere watching me
Thought the wind and the chill
And the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like a fire in my blood

I was finally able to knock Shredder's helmet off and hit him as hard as I could with my bat. The force knocked him out and we made our way out of the building. We ran for a while because the Foot were following us. We stopped for a minute to finish them.

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the morning light
He's gotta be sure and he's gotta be soon
And he's gotta larger than life

We finished them off and made our way to a manhole cover. I looked at Raph who was about to pass out. I caught him and I stared into his beautiful, electric green eyes. I felt guilty because I caused this. We finally made it into the sewers.

Oh he's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero

I helped Raph into the lair as I followed the others.

"Y/N, bring Raph into my lab. Place him on the table," Donnie replied.

I obeyed. I set him gently on the table and found a blanket and pillow. I slowly raised his head, placed the pillow under him, and put the blanket over him. I kissed his forehead sat by him holding his hand as I felt tears coming.

"I'm sorry this happened to you," I said.

As Donnie worked, I stayed by Raph's side. I never left him. I wasn't gonna make that mistake again. When Donnie was done, he grabbed his regular first aid kit.

"I'll fix up the guys and myself out here. You and Raph can stay in here," he replied.

"Thanks Don. And I'm sorry," I responded.

"For what?" he asked, slightly confused.

"If I didn't leave, Shredder wouldn't have kidnapped you guys," I stated, looking away.

I felt his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and he gave me a warm smile.

"Y/N, this wasn't your fault. We understand why you did it, but we've taken Shredder on so many times. I promise that we don't blame you," he assured me.

I smiled at him, thanking him. He nodded and left the lab. I looked at Raph then laid down beside him. I never want to put him through the pain of me leaving ever again. I love him so much. I smiled and kissed his cheek before I closed my eyes and sleep consumed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Have you really won back all the turtles' trust? Only time will tell.