Misunderstood ( the story of a young werewolf)

Katie stretched and climbed out of bed early one friday morning, she glanced at her clock, groaning as she noticed it was only 6 in the morning. She stumbled into the bathroom and stared at her reflection "I am definately not a morning person" she informed it, obviously, it did not reply, just stared back at her. Yawning, she fetched a towel and had a shower, once she was dressed in her school uniform-a grey skirt with red trim, a white shirt and a grey jacket with elbow length sleeves-Katie combed her shoulder-length straight black hair and began to put on her black leather tie-also part of her uniform.

After dressing Katie made her way down to the kitchen and made herself some toast, then she plopped down on the couch to eat breakfast and watch her favorite TV show, which she got up early every morning to watch. "Morning missie" came her fathers voice from the kitchen, "I see you got up early again" he came into the lounge with some toast of his own and sat next to Katie "Shh, dad, it's only got a few minutes left" she hissed. Her father grinned and stayed silent. When her show was over she turned to her father "Good morning dad" she smiled. He smiled slightly uncertainly back, then turned round to face her, putting down his now empty plate and taking her hands in his "Now, you need to listen to me Katie, this will be a bit of a shock but-well- how do i say this..."  Katie glanced at the clock, "Sorry dad, gotta go, you can tell me this afternoon" and she sped out the door

Hopping on her bike she took off for school, waving back at her father who was standing slightly bewildered at the door.

School was the same as always, boring and completely useless, a waste of her time. Katie thought as she biked home. Wonder what dad'll have to tell me, she wondered. Meh, probably something like "You need to start getting better grades" It's not that i'm stupid, or don't pay attention she defended herself in her mind,  it's just that the teachers are all assholes. Well, except for one...a dreamy smile crossed Katie's face as she thought of him..Ryan Fox, or Mr Fox, as we had to call him in class.

He came to teach at her school just three months ago, and Katie had fallen secretly in love with him. He was the reason she tried to refrain from being sarcastic and calling teachers rude names,  at least around him. He was also the reason she no longer was late for school, and didn't scale the fence and go back home like she used to. The only person who knew about her love for the handsome teacher was her best friend, two weeks after he had arrived I was asking her at lunch time. "Amanda? 22 and 16 is a pretty similar age, don't you reckon? I mean, no one would think it weird if, like -" Amanda cut me off with a sigh "You've fallen for him, haven't you" 

"Who?" I asked her quickly "Mr. Fox, of course." she sounded almost impatient, as if it was obvious "He's damn sexy and extremely charming, and I've seen the way you stare at him during class, it's like you go into a trance"  I raised my eyebrows "You sound like you fancy him yourself!" "As if!" she rolled her eyes, "I've got Simon, and I'm very happy with him thank you very much!" I laughed, "I was joking Amanda" "Oh, right" she smiled "Well, am I correct?" I raised my hands, admitting defeat "Ahhh, you got me , I must admit, you're pretty good, no one else has noticed"

She assumed a serious expression "Ohh, Katie, I could tell you things about yourself that even you don't know!" both of us kinda just sat there, all serious, for about a minute. Then we both burst out laughing, causing people all around us to stare.

SCREECH! 

I was pulled out of the memory by the sound of someone jumping on their brakes, I had been straying onto the road and the guy behind the wheel was yelling. "Sorry!" I yelled back, before quickly scooting off the road and onto the sidewalk. 

"Hey, dad! I'm home!" I called  as I walked into the house, plonking my school bag in the kitchen. "Hello, darling" came my father's voice from the lounge room. I walked in to find him sitting on the couch looking worried. "What's up?" I questioned him as I seated myself on the couch beside him. He turned and looked me straight in the eyes. "Katie" he murmered as he took my hands. "I have something, something important, to tell you"

 I frowned. This seemed a bit too serious  for the topic of better grades or some trivial thing like that, still, parents can overreact sometimes. So I smiled and looked back at him "What is it, dad?"  He looked uncomfortable and shifted his position slightly. "Your mother would've known how to say this" he moaned to himself. "Hey, dad, it's ok, you can tell me anything" I soothed, thinking to myself that this was uaually  the parents role, not the childs. He averted his gaze and shifted again. "Dad?" I said softly. He looked back at me and started gabbling "Katieimawerewolfandithinkyouaretoo" "Whoa, whoa, slow it down, I can't  understand a word you're saying" I half laughed. Taking a deep breath he tried again "Katie, I'm a werewolf, your mother knew, and accepted it." the smile slid of my face, I half wondered if this was his idea of a joke "There's more" he continued "I have been studying your behavior, and I think-I-I think-you m-might have inherited m-my condition" he stuttered, breaking down completely at the last words, starting to sob. I look of shock crossed my face, my father was an honest man at heart, I knew, deep down, he wasn't lying. 

Yeah, the start isn't real good, but hang in there! I promise it'll get better. Evantually...

Haha.

Bye guys.

-----doctorwhofan00 xoxo