Jack

I opened my eyes and blinked, I was laying in my bed and the sun was shining brightly through my window. "Katie?" my dad was sitting next to my bed and he smiled as he noticed me stirring. "Hello Daddy" I whispered "What time is it?"

"9 in the morning" he said "You tossed and turned all night" I hopped out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I took a look in the mirror, my cheeks, usually bright red, looked as though someone had dusted me with flour, and my forehead was a bright shiny red, my nose felt stuffed up, I had started to cough something dreadful, and my ears were ringing.

In other words I was very sick. I felt very glad it was Sunday.

My father walked in and took me back to my room, saying "Rest, Katie, you may have a shower when you feel up to it" then he left. I layed back on my bed.

Rest sounded rather good at the moment. Which was good because that's what I ended up doing for most of the day. I got up an hour after waking up and had a shower, my stomach begged for breakfast but, being sick, I declined, going back to bed and grabbing a novel. After two minutes of reading my head started spinning and I groaned, chucking the book back down. I tried music, that just made my ears ring more. Today would be a long day.

The day passed with me tossing back and forth, constantly sweating, and staring at the ceiling. Oh, what joy. 

Monday came and I was coughing fit to throw my guts out. School, knowing why I was sick, excused me for a few more days.

Tuesday came, and my throat felt awful. Every time I had to swallow it felt like torture.

Wednesday came and I was getting real tired of this being sick business.

Thursday came and I was finallly feeling a bit better. I listened to music half the day.

Friday came and it was decided I could go back to school today, I had never felt so happy to be told that, even if it was only one day, then it would be the weekend. I raced out the door barely even hearing my dad's "Careful sweetie!" carfull! ha! I was finally not sick! whoo hoo!

I arrived at school flushed and with the biggest grin on my face. Amanda looked worried as she raced over. "Katie!" she said "I heard you were sick!" "I mean, I got sick after the Howling but that was a really long sickness, are you sure you're all right?" she looked me up and down carfully as though hoping to spot something out of place. "It's alright Amanda" I told her calmly "I'm fine"

She frowned, yet decided to agree for now. So we headed to our first class with our arms round each other, smiling happily. At lunch break we discussed random things and ate our lunch. The bell rang and we groaned, being in the middle of a discussion on..well, you really don't want to know.

We gathered up our things and started walking back inside (Our lunch area is outside) when, my mind of the things me and Amanda had been talking about, I banged rather hard into a kid running in the opposite direction. "Oh, god, sorry!" I yelped, helping him gather up his things which were spread across the ground. "It's fine, it's fine!" he insisted, grabbing his things and trying to run off, he was about my age, maybe a tad older.

"Hang on" I grabbed his arm and looked in his eyes. They were a bright blue. I wondered if he felt the same tingling feeling when I had  grabbed his arm. By the look in his eyes he had. Shaking my head slightly I continued "What's your name?" he looked straight at  me and gave me a little grin, I felt my legs turn to jelly, then he said "Jack" before turning and racing off, his jacket flapping slightly...my thoughts were drawn then to his ginger hair, short and a bit spiky...nice hair...ginger was such a nice color...It was cool knowing someone with red hair...

"Hello!" Amanda waved her hand in front of my face "Earth to Katie!" I snapped back to reality "Oh..hi" she raised an eyebrow at me, and I grinned back "What's with the grin?" she asked and I giggled "I think I just found my mate" I whispered. She gasped "Jack?" I nodded "This is so exciting" and she took my arms and did a little jig on the spot, ignoring my protests. 

She carried on that way until we went our sepperate ways home. I was wondering how I'd tell my dad I had found my mate on my first day back to school.