Chapter 5

"I cannot believe you, Jennifer." Cameron glared at his younger sister.

"It's not a big deal." His sister rolled her eyes.

"It's not a big deal! Are you crazy? Imagine my surprise when I found out from Brook that you were getting married. I didn't even know you were dating someone, let alone getting married. And the worst part is, I found this from my niece instead of my very own sister." He exclaimed.

"Well, what did you expect me to say when you called me the first time after so many years? Hey brother, you know I have a boyfriend. You don't know that guy because when I met him, you were busy screwing your good-for-nothing girlfriend, especially when you finally came to your senses and tried to mend our relationship. I was hesitant to tell you because I was just waiting for the moment for you to disappear again. But fortunately, you proved us all wrong." Jennifer crossed her arms and grunted loudly.

"That would have been better than nothing." Both of them were shooting daggers at each other.

"What's going on here?" Marissa showed her presence in Ronny and Jenny's backyard. To her surprise, she found Cameron and her best friend ready to kill each other.

Cameron, however, was not expecting Marissa to be here.

"What are you doing here?" He frowned at her.

"Cameron! Don't be so rude," Jenny exclaimed exasperatedly. "She is mine and Ronny's best friend. So, of course, I am going to invite her to the celebration of my engagement."

"Risa, ignore these two and have popcorn with us. You didn't miss much. The fun have only just began" Caleb, Olivia's husband, grabbed her hand and dragged her to where everyone was enjoying the show.

"We are not entertaining you people." Cameron and Jenny said in unison.

"Sure, you are not." Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Dude, it's not that big of a deal that you didn't know about us from the start. At least you know that now; that's more important." Ronny tried to butt in.

"Don't you dare talk in the middle of this?" Cameron pointed out, glaring at his younger sister fiancé.

"He is family, Cameron. He is my future husband and your future brother-in-law. Talk to him nicely." Jenny shot daggers at him.

"Why should I? You didn't even give me an opportunity to scare him and give him the famous brother speech."

"Who is stopping you now? Go ahead. Give him your speech or hit him. I don't care. As long as you are going to be part of my happiness, it's fine." Jenny pouted.

"You have got to be kidding me. Seriously, Jenny! I am your fiancé. You cannot just sell me out to your brother." Ronny said with an annoyed look on his face.

The whole scenario made Marissa laugh. The scene in front of her was way too amusing.

"You find my misery amusing?" Ronny asked his best friend.

"Everyone finds your misery amusing, Ronny." Marissa poked her tongue out.

"Marissa, you only tell me. If you suddenly find out through someone else that your best friend is getting married, let alone having a girlfriend, what will you do?" Cameron asked her, which took her by surprise, but nonetheless, she replied to him.

"I will disown him as my friend." She shrugged.

"I rest my case." Cameron smugly told them.

"Seriously, Risa, that's what I get for being your best friend for such a long time?" Ronny asked her, narrowing his eyes.