Voicemail

11's POV

"Near-"

"Delete," he said in a modest tone. I took his phone and deleted the voice mail from Linda.

"Near I-"

"Delete," he said again.

"I love-"

"Delete," he said a third time.

"Hey this is Linda-"

"Delete," Near said again. I sighed and deleted the message.

"I was wondering if-"

"Delete," Near said, starting to get annoyed. I nodded and deleted the message.

"Near!"

"Delete," he said again.

"Linda agai-"

"Just delete all of them," Near sighed, admitting it eventually. I nodded and deleted all the messages from Linda. I didn't understand why Linda was being so persistent and Near was being so, hated toward Linda.

"Sorry for asking this, Near, but you seemed to hate Linda quite a bit. Why is that?" I asked curiously. He shrugged and faced the monitors.

"I guess I have to tell the truth," Near said and shook his head, pressing his hand against his forehead as if he were stressed.

"The place Linda works for, the British police. They, learned of your skill since Linda was a bit of an eavesdropper. And all the time, every single time, the rumors she spreads are the rumors she believes," Near said sounding a bit ticked off.

"Yeah I know, we've been with her in Wammy's for quite a while," I said as I picked up my glass of orange juice, sipping on it quietly. Near shook his head, staring at the monitors blankly, showing security cameras outside of the SPK building.

"11, the British Police learned of your skill and want to take you away to work for them," Near said as I nearly dropped the glass. I cleared my throat, putting the container down on the desk.

"Well, you know I would say no. I've lived there all my life. Being here is much better. Anyways, why don't you just calling them to tell them no, then?" I asked as Near shook his head, turning off the phone.

"I tried, but they just played advertisements of joining the British Police," Near said as I frowned, hugging my knees and staring at the monitors like Near was doing.

"Wait, don't advertisements say 'Call this number' at the very end?" I asked as Near face palmed himself.

"Yes. They do. But I got so angry at the first three words I immediately up," Near said as I couldn't help but giggle. Near picked up the phone and dialed the number that has been calling them. He waited, and by the look on his face he was pretty annoyed by the action packed song that was playing.

Eventually, the number came up as he dialed it, getting a voicemail.

"Grrr..," Near grumbled angrily and started to yell on the phone. I plugged my ears wth my finger so that it wouldn't be as loud.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TIMES I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YLU STUPID BRITS?! ANSWER MY CALLS!! IF YOU DON'T THEN JUST LISTEN TO THIS! SHE DOESN'T WANT TO JOIN YOU GUYS!"

"Y-Yeah I actually don't want to join," I said as Near clenched his fists.

"SO STOP CALLING BACK AND SENDING LINDA LEAVE VOICEMAIL MESSAGES!" Near exclaimed and hung up.

Rester soon came to Near's side and calmed him down a bit. Near sighed in defeat, putting the phone down on his desk. It wasn't long before the phone started ringing. Before Near answered it, I went to it first.

It was the same number we called from the police advertisement. I picked it up and heard Linda's voice on it.

"Hello~ Near! Remember when we said we would keep in touch! I'm so glad you called!" Linda exclaimed. I had put the phone on speaker as I glanced at him as he was crossing his arms like a little kid, looking at the monitors.

"U-Um, it's 11," I said as Linda's voice changed.

"Oh," was all she said. "So how are you doing 11? I got the crazy message from Near! So, your really thinking of becoming a full fledged member of the SPK?" Linda asked.

I nodded with a grin on my face. "Yep! In fact I already am!" I exclaimed as Linda laughed. I raised one eyebrow in confusion.

"Really? Well that's great! However, the British Police is ranked to be one of the top police in the whole wide world! Not to mention you were born there! Oh, but you are in the SPK, I guess you won't get the chance to visit your parent's grave."

With those last words, I completely froze. She was right about the fact that my parents were buried in Britain, but I could never go there while I'm here in Japan. It's far from where the SPK lives.

"However, the area is only secluded to the British Police, like I said, they are the whole world's top ranking police. Maybe, you would want to reconsider it!" Linda exclaimed.

I didn't know as all of a sudden I heard Near yelling. "It's a trap!" He yelled out.

"Eek!" I exclaimed and said no once more on the phone and hung up out of fear. Near shook his head and went onto the monitors, where it pointed to two graves that said Mr. Abbott and Mrs. Abbott. There was even a space in between them, showing that that would be my grave when I died.

I shuddered at the thought, of me dying. The many horrible thoughts I've had of me dying. The severed head, the death note, mostly everything that I've ever feared of.

"Near, what did you mean by a trap?" I asked as Near zoomed out of the satellite camera, showing that it was in the country of America, located in Los Angeles.

"It was a trap. Your parent's grave weren't located in Britain. They're here. Hey could have bribed you and fell for a trap," Near said as he walked into his room, with his back slouching.

"You don't want to leave. Yet, you almost did."

"Near I-" he shut the door to his room before I continue. Lidner walked over to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Rester has seen him like this before. Hopefully you'll understand," Lidner said. I nodded and blankly stared at my parent's grave as I zoomed in.

I stared at it for quite a while, and let my thoughts consume me.