Prologue

Hester finally made it to the school that she had applied to. She walked inside and she saw her friends Sarah and Jonah who'd she had gone to 8th grade with. This is where she got her first summer assignment from a white man with brown hair and eyes which were complimented by a five o clock shadow. "Time to go to the library for APHG (AP Human Geography)," She quickly walked t the library and sat at a table with a boy who she didn't even see walk into the library.

She sat down and talked to Jonah and Sarah. She felt as though someone was watching her. From the corner of her eye she saw that the strange boy was looking at her. She could fell his eyes examining her whole body. She tried not to look at him, but the urge was too strong. He quickly turned his head and Hester started to silently laugh because she knew that he felt embarrassed that she could him. The teacher that had told them to go to the library introduced himself as Mr. Doyle. He soon started the lecture on what they would be learning in Human Geography.

"Do you know what he's talking about," the strange boy said to her.

"Not really," she said politely and laid her eyes back onto the teacher.

The next day she met up with Sarah since they went to the same middle school. "Do you know that kid that was at our table yesterday?"

"Who?" Hester said.

"Hector . The only person you didn't know at the table. He was staring at you."

"So." Hester said because she didn't really care. After all she thought that she would never see him  again.  She was horribly wrong.