Chapter 5

Hester made it on the bus, but she had to run. Her legs were sore and she sat in the back once again. And once again there he was. Staring at her. He got up and sat next to her. "Hester how's life?" He asked her.

"Well I'm moving houses because my trash parents are dumb."

"Well, that seemed at little harsh. Don't you think?"

"Ya. I know, but I'm so ticked off. I'm a horrible person."

" I Don't think your horrible," he said as he touched her leg. Blood was rushing to her cheeks and suddenly her faced was flushed and hot. She could hear him laugh. "Hey, do you want to go to the movies with me this Saturday?"

"Who's going?"

"I'm hoping if you say yes it'll just be you and me."

"Ummm no. I'm sorry its not that I think your ugly its just that I barley met you."

"Okay. How about then we just go to the pool together."

"Sure," she smiled. "wait! can my sister go with us."

" The more the merrier."

They finally made it school and got off the bus together. They walked to class and sat down. "Hello Hester," her teacher said from his desk.

"Hello Mr. Belcher." Hester said with a dramatic eye roll.

She blocked everything out. Anything that Mr. Belcher was trash to Hester. The bell rand and she was trying to block all the hormonal bags of acne that surrounded her. She made it to third period and  saw Carl. "Hey," Carl said looking at her through his blue eyes.

"Hi. So What did you do yesterday?"

"Oh I lost my virginity," Carl said laughing. Once he noticed Hester was not amused he said, "It was a joke." Hester was not amused.

"Anyway its not that I don't like you I'm just gonna ignore you now because that what I've been doing all day."

"Hester there's more to life than just ignoring people. You do know this, right?" 

" That's just what gets me through the day without committing man slaughter." He laugh and faced the front of the class. She shut her eyes and kept replaying the moment Hector had touched her. Shivers went down her back. Why are you feeling this way Hester!

She smiled and felt a tap on her shoulder. Her eyes shot open and Carl grabbed her hand. "Hester its time to go."

"What!" She had only been doing for a few weeks now, but she was really good at the whole ignoring people act. She looked at him and pulled her hand away. "Time for lunch," she said.

She ran to the cafeteria and sat at the table she always saved for her and her friends. All of a sudden a group of upperclassmen came up to her. "Hey Freshy." Hester did not reply. She would not incorporate any of her words with these brainless fools. "Hey pissy little girl. We're talking to you."

Hester still did not reply to the comments of these morons. "Fine." All five of them reached into their pockets and pulled out a handful of pennies each. Every time they threw a penny at her they called her a name.

The first penny was thrown. "Trash." The second penny. "B**ch." This went on for what seemed like a million pennies. Suddenly she saw a hand and it grabbed a penny from the table and threw on at the seniors. She looked and it was Carl.

"I'm so sorry Hester that you literally had to sit threw this super embarrassing form of harassment ever. This seniors really need lives if they think that bullying at person four years younger then them. Don't think that I came here without anyone. I told the security guard, but I asked him to wait forty seconds so I could say what I had to say."

A security guard came and escorted the four boys and the one girl to the office. "Hester I'm sorry that happened to you."

"That was so embarrassing," she said not looking at him. She got her backpack and ran to the office. She called her mom and asked her to pick her up. Her mom didn't work so she was there in less than five minutes. She ran to the car and sat down. " What happened?"

She didn't say anything. She just kept looking out the window trying to hide the tears that fell from her eyes. She was finally home and ran to her room. She grabbed her dog Asparagus and fell asleep with him in her hands. It took her a while though. All she could do was cry.