Chapter 1

Hester walked the campus in the morning trying not to make eye contact with anyone. She looked up sporadically to see if there were any familiar faces. The bell rang and she scrambled around her pocket looking for the map of the school. She looked at the highlighted room that had a one next to it that she had written in a pencil.

She looked at the buildings and she tried to find her way around. "Hi," she heard a deep voice say. She turned around and saw a boy with a buzz cut and blue eyes. "My name is Carl."

She smiled and said, "Yes my first class in in building 101A ."

"Oh my first class in in the room right next to yours."

"Oh. Can I follow you?"

He grabbed her hand and they ran through flocks of people. He looked back at her and saw her brown hair falling out of her ponytail. She tried to keep her glasses in place and she smiled at him. He looked back to the front and they finally made it.

"Thank you," she said .

"Your welcome. I gotta go."

She watched him step into her classroom and she looked at the door. She had butterflies in her stomach. She walked into the room and her teacher had a fan into the and it blasted her in the face. She looked up and sitting in the way back was the kid from boot camp. He looked out the window.

He looked up and smiled at her. She walked towards him and sat down in the desk next to her. He smiled at her with his eyes closed and she started to blush. He's so weird she thought to herself. She dug through her back and pulled out a book. She stuck her nose in it and tried not to listen to anyone.