Zero Route 2

Bright light shines through the open curtains of my window and to my eyes. I look around me and see that I am in a fancy bedroom with light gold walls and golden designs for trim. The bed I woke up in is a king sized mattress with tons of pillows thrown to one side. Last night I must have pushed them over because there was too many for comfort.

I leave my warm cove and step onto the cold wooden floor to get ready for whatever is to come. Grabbing a t-shirt and jeans, I go into the pure white bathroom and change, washing my face and brushing my teeth in the process. As I leave the bathroom, a feeling of dread looms over me. What WILL I be doing today in ZALGO'S mansion? My stomach starts to turn and a headache rises up. Is this fear or am I sick?

Nonetheless, I walk out of my room, dizzily, and make my way down a hallway. I have no idea where I'm going but I'm just going to keep to the right until I reach somewhere of interest.

The hallways seem endless with many possibilities to end up lost. After about 4 turns to the right, I have found myself in a completely undecorated hallway, no doors, and no end. I get a little nervous and start to turn back, but as I do, the walls close in on me. It is coming at a fast pace and it doesn't seem like it will stop any time soon. I run for an opening that I had came through and use all my strength to get out of this killer hallway. Adrenaline pumps through me as I managed to barely scrape by and mentally thanked myself for not going further down the hallway or I would have for sure gotten trapped.

I lean on the wall closest to me cautiously as if it would too, close on me. I trust that it is sturdy enough and rest my body on it, taking in gasps of air greedily.

I look around and think of Slender and his clan. What are they doing right now? Do they still think of me at all? Do they wonder what happened to me or if I am even still alive? Would they even care? I start to get a pang of sadness and guilt for not appreciating what I had with them. They offered me a home and a family, yet I threw it back in their faces and lashed out at everyone and complained nonstop. I deserve this. I deserve to be alone again. A familiar voice sounds over my own breathing and heavy heart.

"Umm. Y/N? Are you OK?" Midnight says from behind me.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm good. Oh wait, no I'm not. You see, your house is, not to be rude or anything... THE WORST." I yell back at her. I'm not sure why I feel so angry all of a sudden.

"Ooookaaayyyy.. Um.. Are you sure you are OK? Because you don't look like it." She says a bit timidly from next to me, walking closer.

"I almost got squashed like a pancake by your devil walls. Why the HELL would you have that installed!!??"

"It's an intruder precaution. All inhabitants living here know that there is no rooms down here and have no business coming here. Since you're new, I guess I can explain although my brother should be the one explaining.." She continues, "you need to learn the hallways and have a mental map of the manor, if not, this will happen again. All of our walls have a mirage associated with it to make it seem like there is a hallway here and trap intruders to walk down it, only to be crushed by its walls. Thankfully this wasn't the case for you!"

"What if I did get crushed?" I ask.

"You wouldn't die. At least I don't think so. Once you scream, everyone staying here would hear you and come save you in time. You're still not married to Zero yet, but once you are, there will be a bond between you two that will make him have to save you even if he hated you. However, when you scream, even though his hearing hasn't fully developed, he will hear you as long as you're in the house and will transport you to him. If he doesn't hear you, then I will get you. I can't transport though, so I not very much help in that department as I would just watch you get crushed."