Chapter 17

Iris POV

As I walked out of the dressing room barefooted wearing what she claimed as her masterpiece, I witness Adriana's brows as it raised in what seems like an approval and then smiled.

She led me in an over-sized length mirror, in which my whole appearance with the dress will be revealed and the very moment I face my reflection,

"Wow" I whispered more on to myself, this dress is truly different from the ones I've wore before. It's not too revealing, not too fancy, and not too simple as well.

"Adriana this is-" I took a deep breath "It's perfect!"

"I'm glad you like it, but one last thing is missing and were done"

I turn to her, as she raised the pair of heels "The owner should not only possessed the dress, it should also owned up the shoes"

After putting on the heels, and with the last glanced in the mirror, Adriana drag me outside and together we strode towards the gathering, my heart's starts thumping in haste while scanning through the huge crowd below us

I'm nervous, and scared at the same time, I mean looking at this whole view seems unusual to me which makes me even more hesitant to go downstairs to face that enormously large audience.

"Am- Adriana, we should probably find a different---" I turned to the side, and look for her, only to found out that she's gone, My goodness! "Adriana?!" where is she?

After 5 minutes of contemplating whether I go back to the room or go downstairs. I finally decided that I should go down, I need to go down knowing that there's this guy waiting for me downstairs.

Taking a long deep breath and just focus on one thing, I closed my eyes as I took the first step.

And slowly descending this huge staircase there is no turning back, suddenly I heard this beautiful music playing along in the background like anticipating this moment with such alluring atmosphere.

And then out of the blue, a too familiar scent wrap me in his arms whispering "Open your eyes beautiful"

And as I opened them, his very handsome face welcome me with such feeling I cannot fathom, a smile crept through my lips knowing that in this crowd he is here to secure me with certainty and reassurance.

"Good Lord, why are they all looking at us?" and just as I asked the question, he replied "Because your too beautiful to descend that staircase." I ignore the loud thuds my heart gave off by his words as the fireworks started to burst its colorful presentations, giving the audience something to talked about other than the scene earlier.

"Let's get out here" he held my hand tightly, dragging me far away from the crowd "Where are we going?" I asked as we ran like teenagers sneaking out to go on a date, without their parents knowing.

"No questions yet, cause its a secret" he shouted, as we keep on running and suddenly after that marathon we finally stopped while I was trying to catch my breath,

"Wow, that was-that was--" I trailed off

As I my eyes feast on the scenery in front of me, the clear water that streams like jewels as the moonlight reflects beautifully on every surroundings with white roses and hanging plants with sparkling lights that brings a fairytale like scenery.

"What is this place?" I asked tantalize by the view, as I've heard noises behind me I turned and was surprised when Stan is standing next to this door covered with plants and leaves all over.

My lips form into amusement, as he gave off an innocent look and a sheepish smile "Pops and I build this when I was 8, he said wherever I feel sad or upset about something I could just run over here and just think" he looked at me with this gaze that I've never have seen before, who would have thought this man has this fragile and vulnerable side of him.