Chapter 12

I excused myself to the bathroom to change.

After all I need to call my Mom and Ed, about what happened, I'll tell them the truth except I'll leave Stan out of it....for now,

Or else they'll freaked out and the last thing I wanna do is to make them worry than they already are. Because as far as I know, waking up in someone's bed is the last thing I have in mind,

When I got inside, my lips parted as a gasp escape in awed with the wide and beautiful interiors of the bathroom,

This is bigger than my room! I exclaimed silently as my eyes travel to the box placed on the marbled sink, I strode towards it and smiled as I've read the card on top,

Good morning Iris,

I'd expected that by the time you're reading this you've had eaten breakfast with me, which I'm sure I'd enjoyed. I bought you a new dress with the hands of Steve's, hopefully the guy has sense of decency when it comes to clothes.

PS: You'll look good at it I bet,

- Stan

I open the box and saw a beautiful dark blue dress that brightens my skin tone. Not too long, not too short and it has side pockets!. perfect!

My lips twitched in amusement considering that Steve is a big muscly guy who managed to find a really good dress..... I mean if I'll do shopping myself I'll probably end up buying a shirt that looks comfy and cozy, and as my Mama like to put it 'wacky clothes', which I hardly agreed.

Beneath was my neatly washed clothes from yesterday, and beside it was my phone.

Shoot!

I quickly dialed my Mom's and as soon as she picked at the phone-,

"You have a lot of explaining to do, young lady. I've been calling and texting you all night wondering where the hell you've put yourself up, now before I even continue myself here, mind if you explain?"

I cringed slightly at my Mom's voice, and think of something that will not literally give her a heart attack.

"I'm at a friend's house Mama, turns out I got drunk during the night-" I was cut out by my Mom's gasp

Yeah she can be pretty dramatic when it comes to circumstances like this. "Since when did you start drinking?"

"Uh...er- last night?" I bit my lip expecting her to yell at me and lecturing me, but she didn't. Instead, there was a pause on the other line,

"Mama?"

I heard a deep intake of breath before a voice came up "My baby is finally growing up, okay... Okay your mama just got carried away," she chuckled "anyway, make sure to be back home soon okay Iris?"

I smiled "Okay Mom, I love you I'll head home soon" then she hung up the call,

*****************

I wore the dress and placed the old ones in a paper bag,

I checked myself on the mirror, and tie my messy hair in a bun,

I head downstairs only to be welcome with Stan looking as usual great, with his casual clothes and his slightly damped hair. He looked like a model who just got out of the runway goodness!

And deep within me resist the urge to brush my hand on his soft hair,

Stop!...stop it Irisian stop it!

I snapped myself back, shaking my head wanting to dismiss the thought directly, Jesus! these hormones are not helping.

"You look beautiful" he commented as a satisfying smile crept his lips

"Well, you're not so bad yourself" I said smiling back at him, ignoring the weird thuds my heart gave off at his words.

"Can I take you somewhere?" he blurted

I stared at him for a moment dumbfounded, looking for hints of what was going on, on his mind but I couldn't fathom anything.

And somehow the look in his eyes conveyed something, something that scares me at the same time comfort me in a very confusing and puzzled way possible.

And before I even registered, what I'm doing, I let the moment take the lead as we head out unto his car roaring it to life.