Part 4

Senior Year. I'm missing my senior year in high school because my mother thinks I'm crazy. I'm not allowed to go to school. Everyone else gets to fill out their little college applications and take tours while I'm here. I'm here. I don't belong here. I belong there. Angel belongs there. But we can't be there. We're both victims and prisoners. I wish I could be a prisoner with her. But I'm stuck here with no way out...unless...

"Oh nurse!" I called as I pressed the nurse button. A nurse walked in

"What do you want, Perez?"

"I'd like to go outside." She looked shocked

"Really? But you haven't been outside since you got here."

"I know. I've decided that it was time for me to try to move on." She smiled slightly

"Ok, come with me. I'll take you to the court yard." I walked down the hall smiling. We got outside and the light blinded me. I haven't seen sunlight in so long.

"Have fun." The nurse said

"I will." I said. I walked around looking for the biggest tree. I found it. In the furthest corner of the court yard. I walked over to it and inspected it.

"Perfect." I said. I couldn't climb it. That would be too obvious. I walked behind the tree and took my shirt off. I ripped it so it was a long piece of cloth. I tied one end to the branch closest to me. I tied the other in a loop. I climbed the tree and put the loop around my neck. I looked up at the sky.

"See you soon, my love." I jumped down