Sea Voyage

The next night I slip out of the castle and head to the  the locale tavern. Once there I  go find the bar tender.  

"Excuse me," I started.

"Yes ma'am?" Answered the potbellied old man at the counter.

"I was wondering if I may talk to the man from Unerag who was hear a few nights ago," I ask politely. 

"Sorry I haven't seen him for a couple of days. Disappeared that night without paying too. The scoundrel," he muttered. "weird you should ask since last night a man came in asking for that same man. Though I wouldn't want t run into him he is a bad fellow let me tell you." 

The months go by fast. First a dress and invitations. It was depressing. I hardly ever got to see Ethan but never forgot about about Unerag. 

"So I got a job as cabin boy for the ship your going on." Ethan said one night . I was a week before I was to leave.

"What really?" I ask excitedly.

"Yes really. Do you think that I would let you go to Unerag by yourself?"

"How long have you had this planed?" I ask incredulously

"Since you tolled me your the  name of your ship. I didn't say any thing because I did not what to get your hopes up," I punch him in the arm. "Hey, ow," but he still smiles.

"Really you are the worst," I grin. This is the happiest I've been in a long time.

Finally the day arrives. I bored the ship and see a glance of Ethan but ignore him. My cabin is small and cozy, at least as cozy as it could be. I think that I would take a nap as my mother suggestion but the be bed is itsy bitsy. Now I'm tall but I'm telling you this bed was a whole foot to short. So I vetoed the nap and go to explore the ship.

Up on the quarterdeck I watch the captain stear the ship for a few minutes. "Which direction are we headed?" I ask.

"North, around the west side of Diren," he answered glancing at me. "The queen requested that you stay in your cabin for the voyage except for meals where you will join them in there cabin,"

"What, why?" I ask 

"Something about sea air being bad for your skin," he answered with a shrug

"UUUGGGG!" I groan. "I'm not a baby."

"Well if you want to talk to them they are in their cabin." This is going to be a vary long trip.

Dragons, elves, dwarfs, mermaids,? Yes or no?

XOXOXO

Ruby