Chapter 2

As I said, it first started when I was opening my presents on my 13th birthday. I was really excited and I was unwrapping my first present, covered in shiny blue wrapping paper, when suddenly the room began to shift out of focus. My eyes were glued to the wrapping paper and no matter how hard I tried I could not move my head so I had no idea what was going on around me. The wrapping paper strangely started turning pink, first mauve then lighter and lighter until it was baby pink. I jolted to a stop and could now move my head. I was in a hospital and a baby was crying.

      I couldn't breathe, I was so petrified. I was in a room with a bed, armchair and table in it. On the table was the pink package. A large figure burst in and boomed, "Lily, where is my child?"

    A woman in the bed was nursing a child and said, "Sssh Samuel, Ali is finally quiet." A baby girl was laying in her arms. "This day 12th January, 2004 will be a day to remember."

     I froze once again. "2004", I thought, "2004, this is 2011." No one seemed to know I was there, so I kept quiet.

"I got little Ali a present." said Samuel, and swiftly walking over to the table and picking up the pink package. He strode back over to the bed and handed Lily the present. She opened it and found a yellow teddy inside.

"Oh Samuel," she said. "Ali's first toy." I then decided I should probably be known to them so I cleared my throat. No one noticed. I tried again, a little more loudly and no one noticed at all. I began to say things like hello until I was yelling at them. It didn't make a difference. I didn't even exist in Ali's world.

     I stood there speechless, until as sudden as it happend I was sliding back into my life. Spinning, spinning, trying to scream, but not being able to say a thing..............