Chapter 12

I arrived back in my world but not in my room but about a five minute walk away from my house. I picked myself up and sighed. I hoped no one had saw me materialise out of thin air. I looked around but everything was deserted. It was about 6 pm and still light because it was summer. I began to walk and reflected on what I had done....

    I thought about how when I looked up Ali on the internet, it said she was dead. Robert must have kept Ali away without a trace for the police to have searched everywhere and still not found her. But why? Why did Robert hide Ali so well that everyone thought she was dead. Then there was no way he could get his money. The only thing I had to go by is that Robert hated Ali's Dad. I thought that there was more to his plot than money.

     By that time I was starting to get uneasy. I had tingles running up and down my spine. I was scared to turn around and my instincts were going crazy. Someone or something was following me.

    I quickly turned around. Nothing. There was a tree and a bush, but thats all. I wasn't convinced but I started to walk again. That same feeling washed over me and I swallowed hard and spun around. Nothing, again.

  I began to walk faster and faster until I was running full out. There were feet pounding behind me and I choked down a sob. I ran faster than I ever have in my life and the running behind me died away. I turned into my front gate and ran up the drive. I slammed the front door and staggered into my bedroom. Who was that?

    Five minutes later the door bell rang. "You get it." called my sister. I bit my lip and hesitated. The doobell rung again. Mustering all the courage I could get I pulled open the front door and someone was standing there.....

It was Ali.