Prologue

Two Years Ago ...

I lie down on my comfy couch as I typed messages to my friends and family. It was a beautiful summer morning but, I didn't expect it was gonna be this boring. It was summer and yet he didn't even text me or even call at all.

When they texted their good byes, I tried to reach for my favorite novel and started diving into the story until my iphone started to play "Breath" by Taylor Swift and started singing along.

I see your face in my mind as I drive away..
'Cause none of us thought it would end this way..
But people are people and sometimes we change our mind..
But it's killing me to see you go after all this time..

As I started humming along the song, I stopped to my tracks when my cellphone buzzed continuosly. I brought my cellphone to life and made a smile find its way to my face as I saw our picture together from our first date.

When I read who it was from, I hurriedly opened the message as excitement filled me instantly as I read what he had sent me:

Let's meet up at the park where we first met. I want to talk to you.

As I went outside, I can't help but grin like a crazy woman who had been released from the mental hospital. I was just so.. happy that I couldn't explain what I'm feeling.

Dashing my way to the park, I saw the man I have loved so much for so long standing in the middle, gazing at me intently. Memories of the past began piling up in my mind endlessly.

I reminesced them as I slowly took small steps to him. He was breathtaking as his golden hair flew gently along the breeze. His fixated gaze on me made me shiver but, there was something in his gaze that was so wrong. It looked sad and in pain.

When I realized that I was already close to him, I brushed away my thoughts and planted a kiss on his lips hoping he would return it but, he didn't. He just stood there with no emotions looking at me.

I began to feel nervous. Why wasn't he speaking? My worries began to elevate as the deafening silence surrounded us.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"I can't do this." He replied as he covered his face with his hand.

"W-what? What do you mean?"

"I'm breaking up with you, Alexa." He said softly, almost like a whisper.

"D-don't joke around. It isn't funny. Hey, snap out of it!" I was shouting despite my trembling voice. I wanted him to say he was lying, that it was all a stupid joke. I wanted to hope that it wasn't true but, he never did that.

"Let's end this, Alexa. I can't do this anymore." He said flatly, removing my hand away from his.

I was in a complete shock. Today was supposed to be our third anniversary but, I didn't expect it would become our break up day, too.

"Please, don't do this. Don't this. What about me? What about us?" I pleaded as tears continued falling down my face.

"There were no us from the start. You were the only one who thought we were." He sharply said, avoiding my gaze. He was about to leave when I embraced him from the back. I didn't want to let go because I know something was not right.

"N-No, please. I can't live without you. I-If t-there's anything I could do, I will. J-just please, don't let us end this way. Not now." I sobbed, pain engulfing my heart.

I didn't want it to end this way. I don't want this. I loved him so much. So much that I just can't let him go no matter how much I try.

"Can't you understand?! We're through, Alexandra! I don't love you anymore! Leave me alone!"

"Then, who?! Who could love you?! Answer me! Who took you away from me?!" I screeched at the top of my lungs. My sight became blurry because of the tears I tried to held back.

The rain started to pour down heavily on us as the sound of nothing but the splashes echoed in this quiet town. Neither of us wanted to give up despite the freezing wind blowing hard. After moments of silence, he finally spoke up.

"Just go home, Alexa. You'll get sick." He uttered briefly as he began to walk away.

I didn't care if I would be sick from being drenched in the rain. I love him. I love him so much that I didn't even give a damn care even if he cheated on me.

I don't care even if he kissed random girls in front of me every single day as long as he won't walk away.

I didn't care as long as he won't give up on us. Our love. I wanted to scream all of those but, my legs felt so weak to even run to him. I couldn't even utter anything to stop him from walking away.

I stood alone under the heavy rain and it made me realize. In all those years we've spent together. I have always been alone all along.