Chapter Five

"Dinner is ready!" Jessica happily rang as she swirled the tray with our dinner. Honestly, I pity the food because it was in her care right now. I had heard so much about her from Mom back then but, she had called her 'Jess' and him 'Bert' that's why I found it hard to recognize them. I have also heard from Dad that Mom had met Jessica when they were in the military together so, I wouldn't be surprised that even she would have an equal amount of abnormal strength like Mom had.

"Honey, you'll fall the food." Albert reminded her sweetly.

"Oops, he-he!" She giggled and finally placed the food on the table.

We are here gathering to eat a delicious dinner made by Jessica and Albert. It looked so exquisite and local, something I wasn't used to eating in Canada and I couldn't wait to savor all that yummy goodness and stuff it all in my mouth until I am full. I really hungry right now.

Dinner was already set at the table and the only thing missing was us so, we sat down and started digging in the delicious taste and started diving into random conversations.

"So, how are they right now, honey?" Jessica asked excitedly.

"They're fine. Mom is still a hardcore shopaholic and Dad is the usual workaholic type." I chuckled as I remembered what they looked like there in Canada. I could imagine Mom surfing online stores and buying the latest fashion trend that fits her style while Dad would probably be in his room working or playing COD.

"Oh, that's great to hear! I miss Warren so much. We'd play heaps and heaps of COD until we were tired. But, I would always lose." Albert and Jessica laughed to what I didn't get. What was so funny about losing? Call me a perfectionist but, I couldn't bring myself to laugh if I lose at something I loved to play.

"Anyway, are you enjoying NC? I know you're used to the urban city there in Canada."

"Yeah, even though it's really hot in the summer. The place looks really wonderful and it's pretty peaceful here." I said to the smiling couple. I couldn't believe that there were couples like this that are lively and fun. It was a new environment for me and I really hope this summer will get better and better. I was about to chug my water when she said something that made me choke.

"So, do you have any boyfriend right now?" I coughed continuosly to their surprise.

"Are you okay, honey?" Jessica asked worriedly.

"Y-yeah. I don't have a boyfriend." I forced a smile particularly because I had remembered that

"Oh, I see. Well then, you should be able to find many guys here." She winked at me that made me remember Jane. Who knew they were so alike in their attitude?

"She's right, buddy! You should find one and fast!" He grinned directly at me with a thumbs up.

"Honey, you're gonna confuse her!" She playfully slapped him in the arm and they started to laugh for the second time again. Okay, now their family is totally weird.

When the conversation ended, I was about to get a good taste of the delicious dinner until a hard slam was heard from the lobby in a resounding echo. When I turned to their side, they just sighed and shurgged at me while I was literally freaked out. When Jessica had read my thoughts, she spoke up.

"Don't worry, honey. Everything will be fine-"

"Shit! That stupid chick had the nerve!" A voice, of whom I recognize as man, was screaming and throwing tantrums at the lobby. I don't know but, there was something wrong. It's as if that voice is so familiar like I had heard that yesterday.

"Wait here, okay? I'm going to calm him down a bit." Jessica said with a worried tone at Albert who nodded in return. When she left, he looked at me with a warm smile.

"It's okay, buddy. Nothing to worry about." I simply nodded and after a while, silence covered the place. I wasn't sure of what happened with me right now. I just feel so nervous and uneasy. It's as if something bad is going to happen to me.

"Have patience. We have a guest right now, Willy. We don't want to scare her, right?" I heard more grumbles from the lobby and when the doorknob was twisted lighty enough for it to be opened and I saw someone I shouldn't have expected to see in my entire stay here in North Carolina. When our eyes were fixated with each other, I knew that it was a hint that I'll totally be screwed.

"Y-you?!" The boy whose name was 'Willy', as called by Jessica, screamed while pointing at me. The anger shown in his eyes was intense and I knew that if I don't somehow do anything about this, I'll be dead meat for what I did to him earlier.

"T-this is the girl you've been rambling about because of getting beaten up?" Jessica asked while holding her laugh.

"Willy, a-a girl beated you into a pulp?" Albert continued laughing like crazy and I swear I saw him blush.

Call me stupid but, it's the first time I saw a boy blush and it's really priceless if you'd get to see one. And since he was still covered in shame, I might as well bring out what I'm dying to say to him right now.

"You are really gay!" I accidentally blurted out as I laughed along with his parents. I couldn't help it. I was a stranger to seeing boys blush and he was the first one who did.

"Shut up." Willy said with danger in his words. I didn't seem to mind him though. Besides, what could he possibly do to me with his parents present, right?

"Gay dude!"

"Shut the hell up." His voice quivered in anger as he there glares at me.

"Come on, don't be such a dweeb."

"You're gonna regret this." He warned me with his words. I was really scared now that he was really serious with what he said.

Why won't you try me then? "You wanna see?" You heard me? "Yes, so loud."

"Really?" I looked at Jessica and Albert as they nodded. I'm so doomed. I ran fast to my room and locked it and realized that I forgot he was inside my room. All alone with me.

"Why are you scared? You were the one who told me I was gay." He said with an evil smirk plastered in his face. I was really freaking out. No boy had ever done this to me and he would be the first one to leave a bruised eye or a cut lip to me in this lifetime.

"Say your last words." He said as he moved closer to me, caging me against the door with his fists getting ready to punch. I closed my eyes shut and waited for a punch to come flying to my face until Jessica came to the rescue.

"I'm coming in!" Jessica screamed and pushed the door to where I was pinned and we both fell dow in sync.

Maybe not.

"Oops, sorry!" Jessica said as he peeked into the door. We were on the floor with me on top of him and from then on, happened something I never have imagined to do.

/////////***************////////

Yeah! My very first cliffhanger!

Be free to throw me some of those potatoes and tomatoes in your home but, I just can't help it! Ha-ha-ha! >:3

Although this chapter's very short, I'll be sure to make it longer in the next chapters.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :*