Chapter Three

I woke up to the piercing light that shone from the windows. I stretched my arms out wide and realize I wore the same clothes I had on yesterday. I looked around to see any signs of Derrick but, he was nowhere to be found. I was about to stand up when a hand reached for my arm.

"Good morning, princess." Derrick greeted with a smile. His still had his bedhead and he looked so cute. I giggled and made his hair more messy than it was before.

"Oh no, you don't!" He shouted happily as he chased me down the hall. Because of his long legs, it made it easier for him to catch me by my waist and it made me squeal loudly. I playfully slapped his chest and giggled at how I began to remember when we were young. It was always this fun when he's around.

"Oh, you're awake. Good morning, kiddos." Dad greeted as he passed by from us.

"Good morning." We both said in unison.

"The both of you never changed!" Mom squealed happily as she went down the stairs.

"Auntie, of course i've changed." Derrick blushed. I couldn't believe he would do that.

"Aw, Derry is blushing. You are still so cute! I remember when you ran around naked and-"

"Auntie!" He pouted like a little child.

Okay, okay. I'm hungry, let's go eat our breakfast, shall we?" Mom said and all of us nodded in response.

We all sat down to the table and ate our breakfast. Our meal was fun and enjoyable with an additional guest. It was livelier than before but, this would only remain temporary because in a few days time, I'm gonna go to North Carolina and spend by stupid summer vacation there. I sighed heavily as I scurried off to our balcony.

Time flies by so fast that I can't imagine it. It seemed just like yesterday when I was a freshman at Standtford High, became the Campus Queen Bee for four consecutive years, seeing my friends have their boyfriends, and escaping from a stalker. It all happened so fast that I just can't seem to help but miss all of that.

"Are you okay, Alexandra?" Derrick asked as he sat beside me with worry in his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm just being sentimental because I'm gonna leave this place soon." I replied sadly.

"I could tell them that you will-"

"No, it's okay. They won't agree, anyway. Their decision was already final." I stated with a sigh. He embraced me tight and I closed my eyes shut. He would always do this to comfort me everytime I was depressed or troubled. Whenever I was sad, he was always there but, I could never forget that one time he wasn't there.

When he had left me all alone ..

Realizing my thoughts, I began to shove them away and looked up at him.

"What's wrong?" Derrick asked.

"Nothing." I said and showed a quick smile. He didn't look convinced but, he didn't fuss up and hugged me tighter than before.

"Let's go inside. You must need some more sleep." Derrick said worriedly. I didn't argue anymore and nodded, knowing that was what I need more than anything right now.

If it were the usual afternoons, I would have been singing myself to sleep with the help of my trusted iphone but, what I'm doing right now is totally different.

I'm packing my things for tomorrow. I really don't like the idea of spending my summer there. It just made things a lot more difficult for me. But, how can I refuse them? They probably wouldn't listen even if I cry my eyes out. When I was settled, I put my strollee beside the cabinet and threw myself on the bed. I was really diving myself into utter boredom so, before I would bore to death, I scanned my phone to meet up with my friends.