Chapter 3

I texted Beau that day. Told him that maybe we could hang out, but I was lying to myself, and him. Maybe haunts me, it isn't positive or you're just not sure, the suspense kills me. I pull out a beer from the fridge, and as if he knew my morning routine, a sticky note was placed on the bottle.

Dear Caroline,

please, please lets talk about this. It didnt happen, love! Please my beloved Caroline, lets talk.

reply dear x

-X

I pushed it away. Everytime I almost believe him, it kills. I know his ways. He's that guy. The to-die-for hot guy. The perfect smile guy. The lovely one who has a way with words. He knows how to win a woman, and get one in bed. He sickened me and allured me. It made me sick to my stomach to know that I had it, but I let go. More texts from Beau made my screen lighten up. I looked at them, and pulled open the message.

Hey. Cider mill later maybe? x

I texted back almost immediately.

sure. pick me up at 7. ill give you the address. xx

ahh thank you love.

I smiled, then put away my phone. The rain had started up again and the clouds darkened. I sighed. I walked into the bathroom, drinking from

the beer bottle. I peered at the mirror, afraid of how bedraggled I must be. I almost laughed at myself. My hair was in knots and my makeup was literally all over my face. Mascara doesn't belong on my forehead.

I wetted a piece of toilet paper and wiped it gingerly off my face. I was now so delicate with every touch. I was beginning to think I was afraid to hurt myself, I must be so fragile to myself now. I took the bottle and kept drinking. I flicked on the TV and the next moment I looked down at my phone to see it was 6:32 and Beau would be here any moment. I flicked off the TV and stormed into my room. I grabbed a varsity jacket and jeans and pulled them on. I slipped into the bathroom, did a bit of makeup, then waited for a good 5 minutes until 7 then, as if on cue, he opened the door when the 6:59 became a 7.

"Punctual." I commented and he just laughed.

"Get used to it." he said. He didn't dare put his arm around me, as if he understood. I smirked at his ginger touches at my skin to assure my safety as we weaved through the crowds. The mill smelled of apples and caramel, but there was something else in the air...