Chapter 5

When I awoke, Beau was gone. I checked the clock on my phone, and I realized it was really late, 1:00 p.m, and he was probably home. I got the strength to go into the kitchen and find that Xavier's note was gone, and it was replaced with Beau's.

You were asleep and I didn't want to wake you. Me and my friends are making a video today at the mall... the one next to that big fountain. If you could join us at 4 that would be great! 

P.s. you look beautiful when you sleep. x

-B

I grinned, then pulled the note into my pocket. I thought for a while if I should go. After everything that happened, I was utterly exhausted. Even after the long slumber, I was still beaten. But I found the persuasion to go, then hurried upstairs to change and shower. After the long, thoughtful, warm shower, I did my makeup for about an hour, trying to figure out what eye shadow would go great with my sweatshirt, and which concealor would really conceal my dark under eye. I soon figured it out, then got out of the bathroom. I changed into my planned clothes, then scurried downstairs, texting Beau.

I'll be there, where should we meet? x

He replied almost instantly.

GREAT!!!! We will meet at Starbucks. :) 

See you then. :) 

Memories flooded back to me. It was only a few days ago when I met Beau. It was only a few days since   Xavier left me to cradle in the warmth of the sheets, but in the end, they were just an utter coldness and emptiness. But last night, I finally felt warm. Beau has been there for me, and now I could only trust him. I looked up from my phone to see a note lying on the table. I couldn't take the suspense, and read it.

Dear Caroline,

Don't move along. please. I saw him with you and I couldn't take it. I need you back, Caroline, please. Let's just talk about this. Starbucks today at 4? Please, we have to. I love you Caroline. 

-X

I shivered.

This couldn't be, I would see Xavier. If I was to meet Beau in Starbucks, and see Xavier, I would surely pass out. But who would catch me?

Beau, or Xavier?

--

I tried texting Beau to change the spot to meet up but he wouldn't reply. I decided to just drive there and hope for the best. I drove, my mind not wandering from the scenario that may take place. My hands were starting to sweat, so I pulled over to the side of the road and just relaxed. My heartbeat was abnormal and fast. I tried to relax but the more I thought of it, the more it thudded. In the next few moments I realized I was standing beside Beau.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked. I nodded quickly, scanning the cafe for Xavier. He wasn't in sight, and I finally let out a breath of relief. He introduced me to his two brothers, Jai and Luke, and his bestfriends Daniel and James. They shook my hand politely, then immediately went talking about how much Beau talks about me. I smiled, realizing that Beau probably fancied me, and he very much wanted me. I caught him staring at me a few times, and I just smirked, and made my hips sway more and my body seem more swift. I caught him bite his lip, too. 

Beau stopped beside a store, and pulled everyone in close. 

"Luke, get the camera rolling. Let's prank some people." he said, taking out a baby from his backpack, and grinning wildly. The boys laughed at my reaction, which was a cold, hard, confused stare. 

"Caroline, do you mind filming?" Beau asked sweetly, and I nodded, letting out a small smile. I took the camera and watched as they went to the bridge that was just beside us, and pretended the baby was real, then as people started watching, he dropped it. I laughed softly as the people ran to the side and glared at Beau crazily. I was laughing when a deep voice interrupted behind me, and made me turn white.

"Caroline?" his voice gave me shivers.