Chapter 8

I woke up with my head in Beau's lap. Beau was snoring and I tried not to wake him up as I straightened. I looked beside me to see Daniel, James, Jai and Luke still sleeping. I smirked and stood up. I headed straight into the kitchen.

A note lay sprawled on the granite. I approached it and picked it up.

Dear Caroline,

You are my air. I need you to live. Please I must see you again. There isn't a moment I don't think about you. I'm scared of moving on. I don't want to leave the only one I love. I'm telling you... she was just a friend. Baby, please. Come back to me. I can't breathe with out you.

-X

I had to read the note twice before I recycled it. I had to stop remembering. Remembering always hurts.

I trudged sleepily over to the fridge to make eggs for breakfast. I took some bacon out too, hoping that would lure the boys out of their slumber. I finished in 30 minutes. Longer than I'd expected.

In a matter of 20 more minutes, Jai woke up. He yawned way too loudly, making me almost jump out of my own skin.

"Gosh, dammit Jai! You scared the shit out of me!" I hissed. I heard him chuckle, then groan in pain.

"I have a headache, Caroline." he retorted from the living room.

"Did you drink last night?" I asked, taking cups out of the cupboards and cranberry juice out of the fridge.

"A little bit." He lied. I rolled my eyes and took the food and placed it on the table.

"Come help me, Jai." I said. He reluctantly walked into the kitchen and helped me set the table. As I turned around to get something out of the sink, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I gasped.

Those weren't Beau's arms.

By now, I could feel the sense of Beau's arms.

Those, were not.

They were Jai's.

"You know, Beau was right. You are really hot." his husky voice blew against my ears, sending shivers down my spine.

"Jai..." I said softly, still dumbfounded. He began to kiss my neck, his warm breath making me shudder.

"Jai." I said louder.

"Mhmm." he made a vibrating sound against my neck, making me shudder again.

"Jai, stop." I demanded but he proceeded. I finally pushed him off, and he stumbled back and looked at me. He threw his hands up, and laughed.

"Come on, Caroline!" He exclaimed. I sent him a disgusted glare. Then realization dawned upon me.

"He said I was hot?" I said. Jai rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Yeah." he said simply. I saw him blush, and I just shook my head and walked away to wake up Beau and the others.

After a breakfast filled with laughter and awkward stares from Jai, we talked about what we should do.

"Let's go to the beach." Jai proposed, shooting me a glance. I swear he winked.

I shrugged and nodded.

"Sounds good." I said. They all agreed to it but James and Luke.

"Me and Luke have to go 'do something'." James said. Beau watched him suspiciously then shrugged.

"Fine, whateva." he said, his Australian accent was ripe. I smiled.

"Okay. I need to get my swim suit. You guys need yours too." I said. They nodded.