Chapter 7

I was thankful that Beau didn't ask what happened. I got too caught up in my own thoughts to even listen to him if he even said something. He just studied the road, and glanced at me sometimes. But when we got to my house he wouldn't leave me alone in this condition. He carried me out of the car and into the house. I didn't notice Beau's friends come in behind him. I really didn't want to embarass myself more. But they stayed quiet, and moved to a different room. Beau sat down on the couch with me in his arms and ran his hands through my hair. I sobbed into his coat. Every now and then I would manage to choke out.

"I'm sorry about your sweatshirt." But he just shook his head, and whispered.

"Don't worry about it." and he proceeded to stroke my hair. I didn't know why I kept crying. I guess I had that much feelings for Xavier. I loved him that much. I mean, what's not to love about Xavier? His handsome face? Muscular body? Amazing humor? Intelligent Mind? Wise words? His comfort? How perfectly his body fit into mine? Shit. I started crying more. I wouldn't stop. I didn't want to cry anymore. I just wanted to forgot about Xavier and move on. Just focus on everything I have left. But something told me I can't forget and I won't. He was so special to my life; we had plans. We talked about what candle scents we would fill our house with if we ever get out own house. I lived in the old house my parents gave me because they moved to a small house in Portland, Oregon. But if we ever got our own house, it would've been beautiful. High-ceiling living room, granite kitchen. A king bed for us to make love on. It would be a dream, he said, just let me show you. I noticed I wasn't crying as much, and I started getting up.

"I'm sorry, Beau." I rasped. He shook his head, chuckling. 

"I liked having to comfort you." he gave me that lovely grin and I managed to laugh between the heavy breaths.  "Relax." he soothed. I was in his arms again, trying to forget, and this time it actually started to work. 

"Hey, you two done in there?" Jai's voice thundered from the kitchen. My cheeks flushed pink.

"Oh, God. That's embarassing. Why are they here?" I choked, throwing my hands to my face and hiding away. Jai laughed, and Luke came in.

"Don't worry about it, Caroline. We're here for ya." Luke said, and Jai added in a nod. I smiled.

"Thanks."

"But I'm here the most for you." Beau threw in. I laughed and nodded.

"You the most, Beau. Let me-er-clean your sweatshirt." I said. He nodded, and pulled of his sweatshirt revealing the most beautiful body I have ever seen. His stomach shone with perfectly toned abs. His entire upper-half was in most amazing proportion I almost drooled. Beau laughed and brought me back to reality by whispering in my ear in a seductive and husky voice.

"You like what you see? You can have it." His voice sent ripples up my spine and goosebumps up my arms. I grinned, and whispered.

"Another time."

"GET A ROOM!" Luke bellowed as he walked out of the kitchen into the living room. He found the right remote and flicked on the TV. He got comfortable and Jai joined soon after with popcorn. I smiled. I didn't mind they took the food. I was actually glad I could share it with somebody. 

"I must be a mess, let me get cleaned up." I said, crawling of Beau's lap and thundering up the stairs.

When I got in my room, I was so relieved. I just collapsed onto the bed, and sighed. I layed there in thought about Beau for a few moments before getting the strength to get up. I walked over to my closet and took out a sweatshirt and sweatpants. I changed quickly, then went straight into the bathroom to witness a disaster. My makeup was smudged all ove rmy face but luckily I didn't wear much. I washed my face, the cold water revealing a mask of calm. I applied some cheek makeup again so I didn't look like a complete ragdoll, and I emerged again. When I looked at the living room from upstairs, the couch was filled with Beau, Jai, Luke, Daniel, and James. They all had their own bowls of popcorn and they found my stash of Mountain Dew. I joined them downstairs, and couldn't help but laugh. Jai and Luke passed out cold, and Beau, Daniel, and James were too intrigued in their game. They were watching a good soccer match, I didn't dare interrupt. I didn't notice how dark it was outside and how hungry I was. I went into my kitchen and realized there was a bowl of popcorn lying on the counter and a Mountain Dew beside it. I smirked, picked it up and took a seat beside Beau. He adjusted, and slung an arm around me.