06

kim nara's pov

His words hit me like a thunder. Never have a boy confessed to me before... Well, not that I remember. I didn't know how to react to his sudden confession so I sat still, silently staring at the brown obs that were staring back at mine. My brain didn't seem to process well what he was saying.

"I'm not lying, Nara. I really do like you. I may not know you that much, but Soonae have told me enough about you to make my heart flutter everytime I see you. Just seeing you at school from behind makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack." He said, not even taking a breath.

"You might have never heard about me even though Soonae and you used to be close friends, but she always talked about you. She talked about how you like to read romance novels and french fries. She talked about how you tend to squint your eyes and pinch your tighs when you're mad or pissed..." He continued and I found myself lost in his words.

I felt like something was stuck in my throat and for two seconds, it felt like I couldn't breathe. Eyes were on us, and some old lady sitting on the seat next to mine was literally pushing me to say something. "I-I-I..." Just then, I heard the driver yell my street name.

I stood up like a robot and ran to the closest exit door, casually bumping into it with a loud thud. I moaned in pain, holding my forehead and almost punched the door as it didn't want to open. It eventually opened and I rushed outside.

Holding onto the straps of my bag, I started to run again. Steps after steps, all I could hear were my heartbeats and my heavy breathing. Fortunately, the surroundings were empty as well as the elevator.

I didn't bother greeting my brother and rushed to my room at the other side of the apartment we were living in. "Oh, I pre— Nara?" I slammed my door closed before he could finish what he was saying.

When I let myself fall onto my bed, I noticed the drops dripping from my hair and my uniform that was sticking to my skin. Then, I looked out the window and saw the grey sky. All this time, I've been running under the rain.

I laid on my back and stared at my ceiling. My room was pretty plain. White walls, cherry furniture, small bed and small desk. The only things "different" were the stickers and the glow-in-the-dark stars glued to my ceiling.

And I suddenly remembered something.

They were there because Soonae and I...

Because Soonae and I used to be best friends.

swollensoul: so goals have reached 2.54K reads, and i'm really happy.......... thanks to you for reading, commenting, voting and  supporting my other stories (if you are). but to be honest, i don't know if i should continue hoshi and my other stories. i've been feeling a bit down lately, and even though i want to continue my stories, it's like i've lost interest into writing. anyways, thanks again, and see you soon(young).