15

kwon soonyoung's pov

I looked in the mirror and saw a girl having a hard time. She was massaging her legs, sighing loudly. I silently approached her, and kneeled next to her. "Are you alright? Do you need help?" She looked at me with her doll eyes and shyly nodded.

Somehow, she reminded me of her... Her long dark hair, her soft round eyes and her pink velvet lips. They both looked like human sized Barbie dolls.

"Hoshi-saem?" I looked over my shoulder and saw my youngest student. "Jungyeon noona is mute." I looked at the so-called Jungyeon and saw her give me a sad smile. "It's okay, I can see a lot of potential in you and I'm certain you're going to be a great dancer." I helped her stand up.

She moved her hands in the air. "She said thank you and also wished you're happy with your girlfriend." I looked at her with confused eyes. "What girlfriend?" — "The one on your phone's background."

+

flashback

It was Friday and most students my step-sister was attending were skipping because teachers usually left them self-studying.

Nara was one of these students. You could find her serving customers of the place. I was on my phone, looking for a good song for my dancing lesson later today.

"Thank you, have a nice day!" These words  were so repeated it was kind of annoying but also very soothing. They weren't directed to me, but it was always as if.

I discreetly pulled up my phone, opening the camera app. "Nara~" She turned to look at me with confused eyes. I clicked on my screen few times, laughing.

"You're not funny!"

"I know... I'm Hoshi!"

She only laughed, dimples digging in her cute baby cheeks. Her hair, tied into a high ponytail, was bouncing in her back and her eyes were shinning.

She was so pretty.

end of flashback

+

For some reason, I always ended up spending my after noon at Nara's workplace... Even when she wasn't working. "Hi Soonyoung, what brings you here today?" Junie sat on the empty seat in front of me, a big smile on her tinted lips.

"Nothing, to be honest." She gave me the don't-you-lie-to-me look and laughed. "Nara's shift starts in a few mimutes." She probably noticed the look I gave her because she leaned over the table, squinting her eyes. "You should man up and talk to her..." — "Why?"

"She's been acting kind of weirdly lately. I don't actually know the reason but I heard that a gang is being after her brother and her because she got into trouble again." My eyes widened, and I unconsciously hit the table, making Junie jump back and the other customers stare. I forced a smile and apologized.

"You scared the hell out of me, gosh! Anyways, back to business... Want to know more?" She probably noticed the look I gave her because she started babbling about Nara.

Not that I wasn't interested, but for some reason, anger was slowly raising in me. I looked at the girl in front of me and noticed she stopped — probably — a long time ago because she was curiously staring at me.

"I got to go." I hurriedly stood up and ran to the door, accidently knocking off someone. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry." I bent down in front of the girl. Her head was leaned to the front so I couldn't see her face. Only her long golden brown hair. When my gaze met hers, I was surprised to see it was her.

"Hoshi?"

"Nara..."

swollensoul: sorry if i took a long time to update

swollensoul: sorry if i took a long time to update. i'm trying to make chapters longer so the story won't be too long and uninteresting at the end.

it's my birthday on july 3rd. so soon, it's weird.