alternative ending

Nara froze when Myungho pulled out his gun from the back of his pants, pointing it at Soonyoung. "Myungho. Please, don't do this." She tried to convince him.

He gestured for the other boys to go away with a nod, leaving the three of them alone. The tension increased. "Are you afraid? It's so ironic, knowing you've held and used a gun before. Apparently, you were so good, no one could pull out theirs because you'd shoot them at the tiniest move." Soonyoung didn't talk back. He only held onto the girl tighter.

Nara's mind was away. "Why is there no one when you need help the most?" She asked to herself. They were in a park, near a playground, after all. It was still early and the sun was barely beginning to set.

"Why are you even doing this? Did he ask you to do this?" Myungho shook his head, laughing. "No." He changed the direction of his gun, now pointing it at the terrified girl. "She did." At his words, she could frown in confusion.

"You've hurt her so much. Do you know how many times I've seen her cry because of you? I hated to see her in that state. I tried so hard not to kill you everytimes I saw your face at school or elsewhere. Then I met her brother, Namjoon, right? The he you're talking about..." Nara felt a pang in her heart. Her brother was also part of this.

"You could say by pure coincidence... The resemblance was so unavoidable. It was late at night, not so long after I met Nara, just as I was passing by a dark alley, I heard gunshots. I almost died, you know?" The boy chuckled. "But to make me shut up, he said he'd make me part of his gang, Triax. Few days later, in a meeting, I discovered you were part of Triax. Just then, you guys were starting to avoid each other. Nara came to me. As first I thought I was a rebound, but then, the way she acted was different. I knew she liked me in a way she only felt this feeling only with me. You know? That feeling when your heart races in your chest and your stomach twists inside. It kind of hurts, making you out of breath. But it's also a nice feeling."

The other two felt uncomfortable listening to Myungho. He was crazy, as in mentally ill. The way he spoke and looked at Nara with so much hate but also with admiration showed it all. He was, like, in his own world. He was in his own world, where he was a prince charming trying to save his princess from the big bad dragon.

"As stupid as it sounds, at that moment, my feelings for Nara were certain. I was in love with her. Still am. And her feelings were the same. But you, Soonyoung, came back and ruined everything." Nara felt her entire body shiver under Myungho's adoring stare. She didn't want to show her fear, but when she heard a click — meaning that if he pulled the trigger, someone was to die — the only thing that came in her mind was: "That's it. This is how I die."

"But it's okay, I just have to kill you, and she will come back to me." The boy shrugged his shoulder, as if killing someone out of jealousy was a casual thing for him to do.

Then, a loud noise echoed in the entire park.

A gunshot.

Once they opened their eyes, the first thing they saw were their intertwined hands

Once they opened their eyes, the first thing they saw were their intertwined hands. They both groaned at the annoying and deafening whistling. When they realized what happened, they couldn't help, but both cried.

 When they realized what happened, they couldn't help, but both cried

Cries were heard along with approaching sirens. "Why did you have to do that?" Once the ambulance got there, the two teenagers were taken away from each other. One was taken to the hospital, the other to the police station.

 One was taken to the hospital, the other to the police station

Regret and sorrow. Every single person present in the waiting room. Junie. Soonae. Dokyeom and Junhui — Soonyoung's friends who were there to comfort him —

Namjoon was somewhere, probably out there looking for Myungho, who ran away after shooting his baby sister.

Soonyoung was getting interviewed by some officers about the incident. Of course, he had to lie about few things... Like only knowing Myungho being Nara's classmate, not being in Triax, not knowing why it happened, etc.

Nara, her, was laying on an operation bed. Battling between life and death, as doctors were trying their bests to remove the bullet out of her chest.

As for the bullet, it ended up in Nara's chest when she jumped in front of Soonyoung.

Most people hated funerals. It was also the case for Soonyoung. It was the first time in a very long time, and he haven't planned on going at another one since then... Especially hers.

"I'm so sorry for what I've done to you. I'm so sorry for all the things you've been through because of me. I'm so sorry for being part of your life. I should have known my limits and stayed away. I shouldn't have approached you when I knew it was dangerous. Not because you were Namjoon's sister, or because I was part of a gang... But because I knew I would have fell in love with you more than I already was. Soonae told me so much about you, I couldn't help but fall for you. Do you know I recognize you the first time we met? Soonae once showed me a picture. I think she put it as contact picture... Your hair were still dark, you had a bang. You were making a kissy face. It was just adorable."

Soonyoung chuckled, masking his sobs. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and looked who it belonged to. He looked back at the body in front of him. "I have to go now, it's Soonae's turn to talk. Anyways. I'll be back soon. Don't forget me. Wait, no one forgets about me. I'm Hoshi!" With these words, the boy blew the dead girl a kiss.

swollensoul: this is the longest chapter i've ever written. i'm sorry if this is really sad.