Chapter Five

For some reason I woke up this morning not dreading going to work but just thinking about what happened between Lincoln and me. I didn't know how to react to his kiss or how I felt about it. On one hand I wanted to believe he was a changed person but on the other I wasn't willing to risk my heart to find out. I knew Jordan had left early to go to the shop so I just rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower. When I was ready I got out and dried off. I decided to just go naked back into my room since Jordan wasn't here and I didn't have anyone else here. I went to my closet and got out a black long sleeved dress that stopped mid-thigh. I was trying to go simple as I could so added black stilettos and black hanging down earrings that had little small diamonds in it. I put my hair in high tight pony and put on light make-up. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door.

I stopped by McDonalds and got myself a chicken biscuit and orange juice before getting to work so I wouldn't starve to death. As I was walking into the office I ran directly into Raquel almost dropping my drink. "Can you watch where you are going next time?"

"Sorry I wasn't looking."

"I can see that, damn." She looked up, "I said I was sorry." When I looked at her face she had a big as black eye. "What the hell happened to your eye?!"

"Nothing happened now let it go," she snapped at me. "Clearly something happened!"

"Will you just mind your own business?!" she pushed pass me and went into the restroom. I stood there amazed for a minute and then headed to my desk. I sit down and eat my breakfast while working on somethings for Mr. Steele. I really didn't want to be bothered with him but I knew eventually I would have to.

After two hours Mr. Steele came out of his office and told me to come in. I sighed and then went into his office. All I know is today I was not taking his shit.

When I got into his office I saw Lincoln along with another lady already in here. The lady was tall black with long black hair and was gorgeous. She looked like a super model but you could tell she meant business. When I looked at Lincoln he was wearing a grey fitted suit that I might say fitted him well. He was leaning up against the wall and I guess he noticed because he smiled and winked at me. I swear he was going to be the death of me. Mr. Steele cleared his and we all looked at him. I could tell he was mad probably from what Lincoln did but I didn't care, to him I was just a whore.

"Samaria I would like for you to meet Cherish Lark." I looked at her, "Nice to meet you." I reached out to shake her hand and she did. "So you are Samaria Stewart? I have heard so much about you, Lincoln never stops talking about you." I looked at Lincoln and he was staring a hole into my face. "Is that so?"

"Yes, and that is why I asked to work with you. From what he has told me I feel you would be a great asset to have on this project." Now I was confused.

"Exactly what are you talking about?"

"Well, Samaria Lincoln and Ms. Lark here will be working on building a group home for orphan children and they want you to help," Mr. Steele said. I could tell he didn't like me helping. "And how can I help?"

"Well you seemed to be doing a good job for Mr. Steele here so we figured whatever magic touch you have you could use to help us."

"Okay that's understandable but at the same time Mr. Charleston has his own assistant that can do what I do, so why me? He hired her because he felt she was capable of doing this so why aren't you asking her to this?" I looked at Lincoln and he knew what I was getting at. He knew she wasn't qualified for shit. Cherish stepped up, "We chose you because you have been here the longest and we feel that this could really boost your career. You are good at what you do, there is no question about that so if you do good on this like we know you can then you could get your name out there and maybe own your own business." I thought about what she was saying and what she said really made me happy. Someone had taken notice to the hard work I had been doing and it felt great. "I will do it."