Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Gold fish," dad said smiling. We all looked at him suspiciously. "Why are ya'll looking at me like this?"

"Because we know you cheating," Brianna said. He looked at us then shrugged. "I have no idea what you are talking about. We all laughed. We were all at my parents' house including Raquel playing goldfish. We had decided that we wanted to make sure dad was okay. His heart attack had really scared us. Not only that but we wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. I wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. I loved my dad and I couldn't lose him too. I had already lost so much, I couldn't bare it if I lost him.

"Dad we know you have to be cheating, I mean you are the only one winning the game. And every time we ask for a card you say goldfish."

"You have no evidence and besides I can do whatever I want because this is my house." We all laughed at his childishness. We continued to play but I kept my eyes on Brianna. She had been acting weird lately and it was starting to worry me. The last time she acted weird, it was because of some man.

Dad soon got up and went to check on mom in the kitchen which we all knew was to sneak some food in his mouth. "Are you okay," I asked Brianna once dad was out of the room.

"Yea I'm fine."

"I know when you're fine Brianna and you don't seem fine."

"I said I'm fine dammit!" I didn't say anything but just stared at her. I wasn't about to start this shit again. She sighed, "I'm sorry."

"I know you are." She looked up at me. "Now tell me what's wrong with you."

"He keeps calling me and texting me. I even blocked him but he keeps finding a way. I'm scared Samaria. He keeps telling me I am his and I can't run." I didn't expect this to still be a problem. I didn't know what to say but I figured Raquel would.

"Who is this guy," Jordan asked before I could even make another move. I didn't even know he had been listening. I thought he was wrapped up in Raquel. Brianna looked at me for an answer.

"Tell him or he will just throw one of his fits."

"His name is Elijah Columan." Soon as the name was said we heard a glass drop. We turned to Raquel who was just looking at me.

"What's wrong with you?"

"That name."

"What about it?"

"That's the name of my ex-boyfriend." Okay now things were getting interesting.

"The one that put his hands on you," Jordan asked. She nodded. "The one that I found with his hands on in our house?" she nodded again. I could tell he was getting mad. Jordan wasn't the type that let things go but would power forward with little thought. He liked to be the hero and to show that he was indeed the big man. Sometimes it worked but sometimes it got his ass beat.

"What's this guy's address?" he looked back and forth between Brianna and Raquel.

"You need to calm down Jordan before you do something rash."

"Don't tell me to calm down Samaria! This guy needs to be taught a lesson because apparently I didn't get through to him the first time I kicked his ass. Now one of you better give me the damn address."

"He lives at 5050 Groundmill Lane." Jordan nodded then took off. I knew he was about to do something very bad but I didn't know if I should be worried for him or the guy.

"Where did Jordan go," my dad asked coming back into the room with a roll in his hands. "He went to handle some business."

"What business?"